Tuesday 10 December 2013

My Favourite Autumn/Winter Eyeshadows

As you know I have been slightly frivolous with my eyeshadow colours of late and have been particuarly loving dark purple and berry shades. I thought I would share some of my current favourites and recommendations with you.

Charlotte Tilbury Colour-Coded Eyeshadow Palette in Vintage Vamp
I bought this after seeing a picture of Khloe Kardashian on instagram. I loved her makeup in the picture and I also happen to follow her makeup artist, who posted a picture of what he used and this was one of the products. I had been wanting to try one of Charlotte's eyeshadow palettes but would never have chosen this particular colour if it wasn't for seeing it on Khloe. I love the cranberry colours in this palette, they create such a beautiful, sultry eye look. I definitely want to try more of these eyeshadow palettes now.
Available from Selfridges £38.00

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Instant Intense Eyeshadow Trio in Beach Metals
This is another palette which I would never have picked for myself if I hadn't been recommended it. This was actually a recommendation from the lovely lady on the Estee Lauder counter and from those dents you can see this has seen a lot of love in a short amount of time! I tend to wear this in the day time and the Vintage Vamp palette in the evening, as the colours in the Estee Lauder palette are lighter and softer. I wear the lightest colour all over my lid, blend the middle colour just above my crease and the darkest colour in my outer corners.
Available from Debenhams currently on offer for £24.30 instead of £27.00

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Almond
One of my all time favourite eyeshadows, if you like messy, grungy makeup like me you will love this. I blend this all over my lid and underneath my lower lash line, taking the colour quite far down. Its minimal effort but looks amazing. These shadows are such beautiful quality, they blend so easily that they really are foolproof. 
Available from John Lewis £22.50

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate
Finally a cheap option, this is my newest addition to the cranberry family. Maybelline's Colour Tattoos are one of the best cream eyeshadows I have ever tried. For me they beat MAC Paintpots as they are less than half the price and don't dry out as quick, plus they last all day. I love this slightly shimmery metallic colour, it looks brighter in the pot than it does when its smudged out on the eyes. It gives a really subtle effect which I love.
Available from Boots £4.99

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Velvet Orchid
This was a rather naughty purchase but in my defence I did have £10.00 worth of points on my 
Space NK card (oh yeah) I saw this used in one of Pixiwoos tutorials and fell in love. This is a cream eyeshadow but in stick form. Its really easy to blend and although it looks quite dark you can blend this out to a beautiful soft smokey purple colour.
Available from Space NK £27.50

I am loving recommendations at the moment, so please share yours with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment