Saturday 23 August 2014

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstars On The Go - All About Eve

The latest release from Charlotte Tilbury's makeup line are her Filmstars On The Go palettes. These are designed to be an easy look in a palette, containing a cream eyeshadow and a lip and cheek tint. 
There are five different palettes to choose from, each named after Charlotte's favourite films.

The packaging is beautiful, the retro, rose gold sunburst casing is pure old Hollywood. I was torn between two shades, Rebel Without a Cause and All About Eve but ended up sticking to the more neutral shades in All About Eve.

The lip and cheek tint is the only multipurpose lip/cheek product I have found that actually works on both the lip and the cheeks. Normally they are too drying on the lips and too sticky on the cheeks, but this felt hydrating on my lips and just like a regular cream blush on the cheeks.
 On my cheeks the blush has really good lasting power and stays on pretty much all day. The lasting power on the lips isn't as good and I found the colour fades within a couple of hours.


The cream eyeshadow is such a beautiful golden taupe shade but I had major issues with this creasing on my eyes after just a few hours. I wore this without a primer and after about 4 hours most of the shadow had worn off, leaving some pretty ugly creasing behind. With an eyeshadow primer the wear time is slightly extended but not by a great deal. 
Its such a shame because I love everything else about the palette but for £42.00 the wear time is just unacceptable to me, especially if I compare it to the Maybelline Colour Tattoos which cost £4.99 and don't budge all day.

After a few hours of wear;


Sadly this is a skip which makes me so sad to say, as when I first applied this I really loved the look and it is so quick and easy to apply. For that reason I will continue to use this but I will just need to make sure I touch up throughout the day.

Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar On The Go palettes are available from Selfridges for £42.00



While we are here, I thought I would do a run down of whats on the rest of my face!

Base

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque

Josie Maran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon

MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell

Charlotte Tilbury Air-Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro Powder

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light

Eyes

Soap & Glory Archery

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel

Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

2 comments:

  1. that's such a shame :(( I was tempted by this...especially since the packaging is so pretty!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was gutted as well but you have to be honest :(

      Delete