Monday 30 December 2013

December Favourites

More favourites, but this time just your standard monthly ones. 

My MAC Palette

I have fallen back in love with my MAC eyeshadows this month. I actually have 2 MAC eyeshadow palettes but only one I use regularly. I re-organised my everyday palette and added a few new shades, including Sketch which is a beautiful dark cranberry colour. I also finally bought an insert for my palette, I do think its a bit cheeky that MAC make you buy them separately now, but I am loving my newly organised palette. 

Burberry Lip Cover in English Rose

This is one my favourite lipsticks of the year. As I have been enjoying experimenting with my eyeshadows this month, I have kept my lipstick pretty neutral and this is my perfect nude.

Sebastian Potion 9 Lite

A rediscovered favourite, I spray this all through my hair when its wet and then leave it to dry naturally. This gives my hair some style, body and movement, without me having to do anything!

OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest

One of the best OPI colours I have found, I even dedicated a whole post to it here.

L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder

I love this foundation, it gives light to medium coverage and has a very natural finish on the skin. The formula is designed to set to a powder on your skin and I was initally worried it might look cakey, but it doesn't at all. 

Tesco Pro Formula Radiance Hot Cloth Cleanser

I am nearing the end of this tube and have cut it in half to make sure I get every last drop! I was really pleasantly surprised by this cleanser. For a fiver I wasn't expecting much, but this removes all my makeup even my mascara. I massage this all over my face and then rinse off with my muslin cloth.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

When I first heard that Urban Decay were releasing a third Naked palette I groaned. I'm not a massive fan of the first 2 palettes and really did not see the need for a third. I'm happy to admit though that I was wrong, this is by far my favourite of the 3 palettes and I've already got more wear out of this than I have the other 2 combined. My 2 favourite colours are 'Dust' which I like to apply all over my lid and 'Liar' which I put through my crease and under my lower lash line. You can see the finished effect in my party makeup post

Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Fair

Lastly I have been loving my Hourglass concealer. This gives you that serious Kimmy K highlighted under eye look. Whatever you think of the Kardashians you cannot argue that their makeup is always flawless. I personally like a more unfinished, messy look, so although I love the highlighted under eye, I really cant be arsed to do all that contouring! Only thing with this concealer is that it is very creamy and when used on other parts of the face to highlight, such as the chin and forehead you need to powder.

I'm debating whether to do a New Years Eve party makeup look tomorrow but at the moment as I sit here in my hoody with the torrential rain and wind, I am really not feeling it. I am not a fan of New Years Eve, it always makes me sad and to be honest I just want 2013 to end! I always feel better once I've 'put my face on' though so I'm sure I will do some kind of blog post!

2 comments:

  1. the naked 3 palette is so nice :) love it!
    Also, I've been eyeing that L'oreal foundation for ages! I think I'll pick it up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look that you did with the Naked 3 palette! Looks so pretty on the lower lash line. Yes deffo try the foundation I've heard that its a dupe for the Giorgio Armani Maestro, haven't tried it to compare though x

      Delete