Sunday 15 December 2013

7 Party Makeup Looks: 1 Partying On A Budget

With only 10 days left until Christmas, I have got 7 days of Christmas party looks coming your way. 
Im starting things off cheap and cheerfully (how many days till payday?!) with a highstreet/drugstore look. Everything is under £12.00 so you wont feel too guilty slipping any of these items into your basket!

Face

Foundation
L'oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint
I bought mine in America so it has a slightly different name but the stuff inside is exactly the same. Since my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation ran out, this is my current favourite foundation, regardless of price. It has a very runny consistency and feels nice and light on the skin. I would say it gives a good medium coverage and although it does set to a powder finish, its very subtle and not at all cakey. I love that I don't need to powder this and it also has great lasting power.
Available from Boots £9.99

Concealer
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
Again, regardless of the price this is one of my favourite under eye concealers. I love that it brightens but still has a good amount of coverage for those dark circles.
Available from Boots £6.99

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
A fabulous concealer for blemishes and redness and it costs under a fiver.
Available from Boots £4.19

Blush
Bourjois Blush Exclusif
You know Im a sucker for colour changing makeup, so I was dying to try this new blush from Bourjois. It is designed to self adjust to a unique, personalised pink and I just think it gives me the prettiest colour.
Available from Boots £7.99

Highlight
Soap and Glory Glow All Out Luminizing Face Powder
This is a very pink toned highlighter, so worked well with the overall pinky tone I was going for. This by no means compares to my beloved Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight, but its very pretty none the less.
Available from Boots £11.00

Eyes

Eyebrows
Soap and Glory Archery in Brownie Points
Eyebrows was a hard category for me. I love my Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel but didn't want to cheat and use them, so resorted to finding a budget alternative and I think I did pretty good. Archery by Soap and Glory is a double ended brow pencil, on one end you have your pencil which is the let down of the 2 ends. I have never found a cheap eyebrow pencil which isn't ridiculously hard and this is no exception, but on the other end you have a very fine tipped brush which is actually really good. It reminds me of the Suqqu Eyebrow Liquid Pen but for half the price. I ended up only using this end and was pretty happy with the results.
Available from Boots £10.00

Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Medium Brown
This brow gel has the weirdest shaped brush I have ever seen (pictured below) but again, this left me pleasantly surprised. It left a nice subtle amount of colour and kept my brows in place, not bad, not bad.
Available from Boots £4.99

Eyeshadow Primer
Soap and Glory It's About Prime
I really like the light consistency of this primer. Its also slightly illuminating which works nicely when you apply eyeshadow on top, particularly in the inner corners of your eye.
Available from Boots £8.00

Eyeshadow
Topshop Eyeshadow Trio in Orion
I love this eyeshadow trio, the colours are beautiful and really versatile. You could get quite a few different looks out of this palette. I just used the lightest colour underneath my brow bone and in the inner corners of my eye. I then blended the middle bronzy/gold colour all over my lid.
Available from Topshop £12.00 (On the Topshop website, they have called this colour Aubergine for some reason!)

Mascara
L'oreal Voluminous Extra Black Mascara
I wanted a lot of volume with my lashes for this look, so naturally I gravitated towards this mascara. I am slightly concerned that L'oreal might be discontinuing this as the only place I can find it online is Amazon, but hopefully Im just panicking about nothing!
Available from Amazon £7.90

Lips

Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic
Although I don't think the Rimmel Apocalips are as long lasting as they claim to be, the colours are insanely bright and pigmented and I cant think of anything else comparable on the highstreet. Apocaliptic is a bright, glossy fuchsia colour.
Available from Boots £6.49

I hope you liked my first party look and I have given you some makeup inspiration! 


No comments:

Post a Comment