Tuesday 17 December 2013

7 Party Makeup Looks: 3 The Matte Look

I am feeling very festive right now, I just decorated my Christmas tree, ate some yule log and listened to a bit of Buble!

For my third Christmas party look I have finally got out the red lipstick. Honestly I could do 7 looks just with red lipstick, I am like a woman possessed! 

The focus on this particular look is the matte red lips. I wanted it to be quite bold so have kept the rest of my makeup very simple and stuck with a matte theme throughout. 

Face

Foundation
Dior Airflash Spray Foundation
This foundation is very pricey but it gives you the most flawless base which lasts all day. Its like a mini spray can which you can spray directly onto your face, however I prefer to spray it on my hand and then apply with a brush. I love the concept of it and it definitely delivers. This is a medium to heavy coverage foundation, I like that I don't need to use a concealer for blemishes or redness, as this alone covers them. Perfect for party makeup as you can guarantee a flawless face.
Available from John Lewis £33.00

Concealer
Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer
This and the Dior foundation always feel quite special when I use them. I try so much makeup that its rare for me to feel like that anymore! This is what I would call my Kim Kardashian concealer, its quite full coverage so really gives you that highlighted effect. Last week I had some drinks after work, as I went straight to the pub from work I didn't have time to do my makeup, so I just applied some of this under my eyes and I instantly looked 100x better.
Available from Space NK £23.00

Bronzer
Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzing Powder in 00 Makeup Artist
I never really like to wear blusher with a red lip, I just don't think you need it. I do like to apply some bronzer though to warm my skin up a little and this is my current favourite.
Available from John Lewis £34.00

Powder
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Love this powder for controlling shine on my oily areas (forehead and chin ugh)
Available from Boots £3.99

Eyes

Eyeshadow
Bobbi Brown Eyeshadows in Bone, Toast and Taupe
Bobbi Brown do the best matte eyeshadows. They are so smooth and blend like a dream, plus the shade range is so classic you cant go wrong. As I was going for a strong lip I wanted to keep the eyes quite plain, I used the lightest colour Bone all over the lid, then ran a bit of Toast and Taupe through my crease.
Available from Debenhams £17.00 each

Mascara
MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara
I didn't really want a whole lot of volume with my lashes for this look so I chose this mascara as it really lengthens and defines your lashes but keeps them looking reasonably natural.
Available from MAC £14.00

Eyebrows
Soap and Glory Archery
See Party Look 1 for full review on both these eyebrow products.
Available from Boots £10.00

Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown
Available from Boots £4.99

Lips

Lipstick
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
I love, love, love NARS lip pencils, particularly the Velvet Matte Lips. They don't feel drying, are really long lasting and the colours are amazing. Cruella is a rich blue based red, which is perfect for this time of year.
Available from Space NK £17.50


See my previous Party Makeup looks:




2 comments:

  1. I wish I could rock a red lip as well as you! You look like you were BORN to rock a red lip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the more you wear red lips the more confident you feel. Its so cheesy but thats all you need to rock one!

      Delete