Wednesday 27 November 2013

My Favourite Autumn/Winter Blushers

Fun fact for you all, its still Autumn here in the UK. Next time I hear the standard "you can really tell its Winter now" I am going to advise said comment maker that they are factually incorrect. 
I think it must be an English thing, but every time you walk into the office in the morning you feel obliged to comment on the weather. "Morning, chilly out there" "Morning, did you have to defrost your car this morning?" ahhh the joys of inane conversation. 

Onto the blush!

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Warm - After searching what felt like all of North America to find this blush I finally found it in Rite Aid in LA. I don't just love it because it has little hearts all over it either! I love it for the warm red colour it gives my cheeks, that flush of colour is perfect for this time of year.

MAC Mineralize Blush in Gleeful - This is a really pretty dark rose shade with subtle shimmer. I do tend to reach for a lot of red toned blushers, so this colour makes a nice change. You do have to be careful though as its quite pigmented, use a light hand to apply this.

MAC Blush in The Perfect Cheek - If I made a top 5 blusher list this would definitely be up there. Sadly MAC have discontinued it but this is not a particularly unique colour and you can definitely find dupes for this. This is more of a pinky/brown and I reach for this when I don't really know what else to wear, or if I only want a subtle hint of colour.

NYX Blush in Red - NYX have a UK website where you can order from and I highly, highly recommend their blushers. For £6.00 they are a bargain and match MAC on quality and colour. They do such bright colours that you would normally only find from MAC or NARS for triple the price. If you are a blusher fiend like me check them out.

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Blush in Pink Ingenue - I have been loving Estee Lauder lately, they really do have some great products and I feel they are a brand that often gets overlooked. This blush is a beautiful dark pink colour that lasts all day. Out of all these blushers this definitely has the best wear time. I love the packaging of Estee Lauder, makes me feel like I'm Joan from Mad Men when I use it!

Enough blusher chat, back to filling those awkward silences with comments on the weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment