Monday 25 November 2013

Concealers

Concealer, where would I be without you. When I'm PMS'ing pretty bad who else is there to cover up my spotty chin. When I've stayed up far too late watching YouTube videos and episodes of Buffy, I know I can rely on you to cover those dark circles under my eyes and when I'm going out and want to channel my inner Kim Kardashian who else will help me highlight the centre of my face?!

Here are some of my favourite, tried and tested concealers and what I use them for.

Concealing Spots/Blemishes/Redness

My favourite concealer for this is my very well loved, Laura Mercer Secret Camouflage. This is one of those cult beauty products that I always spot makeup artists using or raving about. You get 2 different shades in this compact so you can mix them together to create your perfect colour. This is a thick, creamy concealer which can cover just about anything and last all day. At £26.00 this is by no means a cheap option but this has lasted me well over a year.

A cheaper option is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. This is slightly lighter in coverage but has very good lasting power and for £4.19 you cant go wrong.

Concealing dark circles

My 2 favourite under eye concealers are both from Maybelline, I'm telling you when it comes to concealer Maybelline do it best!

Their Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is my go to, every day for brightening up under the eyes. I like that it brightens but still has a good amount of coverage. It seems like every brand has released these highlighter pen concealers and trust me for £6.99 this performs so much better than others I've tried.

The Eraser Eye is my newest purchase and I think I actually prefer it to my Dream Lumi touch, although its quite early on to make such sweeping statements! I just love the sponge tip applicator, it deposits the perfect amount of product. Its a pound more but still a bargain at £7.99




























Highlighting

If I'm going out, out or my face just needs a bit of brightening up I like to use a lighter concealer to highlight. I will put this under my eyes, down the centre of my nose and the middle of my forehead.

MAC's Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost is one of my absolute favourites. Its yellow toned rather than pink toned so really perks your skin up if you are looking a bit sallow. This will set you back £18.00 so it is a pricier option but there are no real yellow toned concealers on the high street to compare it to.

The Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer is another good one for highlighting. It comes in a stick format but is very creamy and blendable. At £23.00 this is definitely a more luxurious option.


No comments:

Post a Comment