Tuesday 22 October 2013

3 Cult Mascaras

It feels like every week there are new beauty and makeup products to keep up with but there are some that have stood the test of time.

These mascaras have been around for years and are raved about by celebrities, make up artists and magazines. Kim Kardashian's make up artist, Mario Dedivanovic swears by L'oreal's Voluminous mascara. Kate Moss and Sarah Jessica Parker are both reported fans of Maybelline's Great Lash and Max Factor's cult 2000 Calorie mascara has won countless beauty awards over the years.

I thought I would put all 3 to the test.

L'oreal Voluminous Mascara - This was my mascara of choice back in my Secondary School days, you know the time when the clumpier your mascara, the bigger your popularity!
There's no doubt about it, this is a pretty amazing mascara. It builds volume quickly and its the richest black colour which gives a very dramatic effect. My only gripe with this is the potential for clumpiness, spider lashes aren't my thing anymore so I just need to be careful when applying this.

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara - Side note don't you hate it when you get mascara on your eyelids! This is my favourite of the 3, it gives beautifully defined lashes with just enough volume. I love how it really fans out your lashes. The formula is drier than Voluminous and doesn't tend to clump. 
I can see why this is a cult classic.


Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - I can remember back in the day reading that this was Sarah Jessica Parker's favourite mascara and rushing out to buy it. I then remember the bitter disappointment when this didn't live up to my expectations. Now, that was back in my spider lash days so I was prepared to give this another try and you know what, its actually a pretty good mascara. The brush is teeny tiny but I quite like that, as you can get each individual lash. It doesn't clump and just gives very good natural looking lashes. I still don't think I would re purchase this mascara but I feel I can now appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment