Wednesday 23 October 2013

REN Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser

My skin has not been great lately, you would have thought spots were something you wouldn't have to worry about in your twenties! I was lucky that I never had problems with my skin when I was a teenager but now I seem to be paying the price for that!

I always use some form of hot cloth cleanser at night so I did some research into skin clearing cleansers and REN's Clay Cleanser kept coming up. Its an antibacterial cleanser specifically formulated to target blemishes and clear the skin. After reading lots of rave reviews online I decided to give it a try.

I have been using this for a few weeks now as I wanted to see what effect it had before reviewing it. I have definitely started to notice a difference in my skin, I still get the odd blemish but its not as bad as it was and overall my skin does seem a lot clearer. I will definitely continue to use it and would recommend if you are also suffering from problem skin. I was concerned this would feel really drying as its a clay cleanser, but I was actually quite surprised by the consistency. It doesn't feel clay like at all, it just feels like a heavy cream. I do notice my skin feels slightly drier after using it but I just apply my moisturiser straight after.

As well as the cleanser I thought I would feature my other current skincare favourites

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturiser - The best moisturiser I have ever used, I think this is also helping to clear my skin up. Its nice and light and doesn't feel greasy or heavy at all, I love it and I have never found a moisturiser I have really liked before. I bought this in Sephora and I wish I had bought another one as you cant get Kate Somerville in the UK :'( Although her website does ship to the UK.

L'oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution - Full review here I love this stuff

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil - Why oh why do I fall in love with things that you cant get in the UK! I was actually given this as free sample and again I'm thinking why didn't I buy the full size! Out of the other facial oils I have tried this is by far my favourite. Its not as greasy as some of the others, although I would still only use this at night. 

Hydraluron - I'm now on my second tube of this stuff. I apply it before my moisturiser, both at night and in the morning. This serum contains hyaluronic acid which increases your skins hydration, improving the overall texture of your skin. Definitely needed at this time of year when the colder weather dries your skin out. 


REN is widely available online I bought my cleanser from Space NK for £18.00


No comments:

Post a Comment