Sunday 13 October 2013

The Lazy Girls Guide to Wavy Hair

I like messy, wavy hair, the kind that makes your Nan ask if you've brushed your hair today. Here is my guide to get hair the Olsen twins would love, but their Nans would surely hate.

1. Wash your hair (or not) - I have been loving the Bumble and Bumble Surf shampoo and conditioner, it gives my limp hair some much needed volume. A cheaper alternative, which I equally love would be Big Shampoo by Lush.

2. Turban - I keep my hair in the turban for as long as possible, moisturise, do my makeup, procrastinate. You know the usual things.

3. Sort out the wet tangled mess - Praise god for the Tangle Teezer, this is when I hate having long hair.  I bought the It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Plus Keratin in America and this combined with my Tangle Teezer are a dream team. Tangles be gone! I never use a hairdryer so the longer I leave my hair in the turban the better!

4. I put a blob of Living Proof's Prime Style Extender through the lengths and ends of my hair. This is also a new discovery, it helps my hair hold a style and keep my "waves" in place for longer.

5. Spray Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray liberally around my whole head.

The Tool Kit:

6. Bun it! - Anyway you want, just make sure you have got a lot of twists in your hair, this will create more waves. Your hair should be about 80% dry by the time you get to bunning stage, if its too wet it wont dry so give it a quick blast with the hairdryer if you need to. P.S Don't judge me for my two tone hair! I have been growing out my hair for just over a year now, be gone years of hair dye!

7. Et voila! - This is how I wear my hair pretty much everyday (messy!) In the week I don't have as much time to procrastinate and bun so I skip the bun stage and just leave it to dry. Sometimes Ill put the blowers on in my car to make it dry quicker ;)

If I'm feeling wild I will sometimes pin back the front sections of my hair, I love these clips from Boots for this. I also love these hair ties I got in Sephora they don't pull your hair at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment