Friday 25 October 2013

Olsen Twins Eye Makeup

This is my favourite kind of makeup, messy, lived in and minimal effort. I'm not really a fan of "perfectly done" make up, I don't want to use one colour eyeshadow for my lid, then a darker colour for my crease then  a lighter colour for my brow bone to highlight. I just want one colour that I can basically smudge all round my eyes et voila! I do also secretly wish I was Courtney Love!

This is one of the reasons I love cream eyeshadows, I find they have more dimension to them than a powder eyeshadow. Even though i am only using one colour, the way you blend the cream out around the eye gives you so much depth.

The trick is to smudge your eyeshadow underneath your lower lash line. Don't be scared but we wanna go low here. If you feel under your eye, you feel that bulge around your eye ball? Well you wanna go as low as that, even lower if you feel daring, the trick is in blending so there's no harsh lines. There should be a foggy haze of colour around your eye, which will really emphasize your eyes. As these are creams I normally use either my fingers or a synthetic brush to apply, as they work better with cream products.

So, some of my favourite cream brown shadows are Dual by Illamasqua, MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist (also a favourite of Alexa Chung don't you know), Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze and possibly my favourite of them all and the one I am wearing, Tom Ford's Cream Colour for Eyes in Spice.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm inspired! Would love to know what you are wearing on your lips....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Jane! I can actually remember what lipstick I was wearing because I was obsessed with it (still love it just dont wear it every single day!) Its the Dior Addict Lip Glow. Its a balm that changes colour depending on the temperature of your lips xxx

      Delete