Tuesday 15 April 2014

NYX Butter Glosses and Tanya Burr Lip Glosses

I am not a lip gloss girl, lipstick all the way my friends! However, recently I've been lured over to the gloss side by some popular new launches.

I thought I would just bulk both these products together and do one massive, glossy review!

NYX Butter Gloss

NYX is an amazing, cheap makeup brand from America. I wish you could buy NYX products in Boots and Superdrug because the quality and range of colours they have is amazing, but for now you can buy all NYX products from their UK website.

NYX's new Butter Glosses smell delicious and are not at all sticky. They are quite thick and as the name suggests, are very buttery! They feel more like a thicker lip balm than a traditional lip gloss, in fact they are very similar to the Korres Lip Butters if you have tried those. 

The big downside of only being able to buy NYX online is that you cant see the colours in person. I ordered 4 colours and I think if I had seen them in person I probably would have picked different shades, as some are a little light for me. 

I do like these but I don't love them and I think that's mostly to do with the colours I picked. For a fiver though, you cant really complain and I would definitely try some different colours.

NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brule


NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel


NYX Butter Gloss in Peaches and Cream


NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler


Tanya Burr is a very successful YouTuber and Beauty Blogger. She has released her debut line of lip glosses and nail polishes which you can buy from Superdrug or Feel Unique

The lip glosses cost £6.99 each and I bought two colours, Afternoon Tea and Chic. Again I bought these online and didn't realise how similar these two colours were, until I saw them in person!

Now I will be honest, I didn't have great hopes for these. I do think they are aimed at a younger demographic than my 27 year old self but apart from the smell I was actually pleasantly surprised.

These were much more opaque then I expected, not at all sticky and in some ways I actually preferred them to the NYX Butter Glosses because they weren't as thick. My only complaint would be the smell. These have a very sickly fruit smell which reminds me of Fruit Salad sweets. I'm really not a fan and much prefer NYX's vanilla scent.

Not bad at all and like the Butter Glosses I would definitely try out more colours in the future! 

I cant say that either of these have converted me to lip gloss over lipstick but its nice to change things up every now and then.

Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Afternoon Tea


Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Chic

4 comments:

  1. NYX Butter Glosses are my favorite! Great shade collection :)

    www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness peach cobbler looked so great on you!! Wish we could get the tanya glosses in the US....

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you, its definitely my favourite. A couple are just a bit too pale for me to pull off. Im sure they will get released over there especially as you guys have the Real Techniques brushes too! xx

      Delete