Sunday 13 April 2014

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is my all time favourite foundation, so when i heard Chanel were releasing Perfection Lumiere Velvet there was air punching all round.

I did have one concern about this though because the original Perfection Lumiere foundation isn't that great. The original is quite cakey and not at all natural looking on the skin.

Luckily Perfection Lumiere Velvet is nothing like the original and its all I dreamt it would be and more.  When I first used it I noticed that it was very runny in consistency, more thin than Vitalumiere Aqua. For me this is a good thing because in general the more runny and thin a foundation is, the lighter coverage it will have (less cake face). It is scented, so if your skin is particularly sensitive that might be something you need to watch out for. 

Perfection Lumiere Velvet is a light to medium coverage foundation. It evens out your skin tone but you would need to use a concealer for any blemishes. I love that you can still see your skin through it, it really is very natural looking. It has a satin finish so its not completely matte but it doesn't give a glow either. A plus side for me is that I don't need to use a powder with this. Its very light and doesn't feel heavy at all on your skin. It also has a powdery feel to it once its dried (I'm guessing that's where the velvet in the name comes from).

Its too soon to say if I prefer this to Vitalumiere Aqua but I really am impressed by this and the fact I don't have to use a powder makes me even happier. 

I am wearing it in the picture below to give you an idea of the coverage. As you can see I need a concealer but I love that you can actually see my skin through it. 

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet certainly gets my seal of approval

Available from House of Fraser £33.00


1 comment:

  1. this foundation looks great on you!! I haven't tried either foundations...but I might head on over to nordstroms and change that :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete