Wednesday 30 April 2014

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner

Living Proof is one of my favourite beauty brands. I discovered them in America last year and will admit that I was completely suckered in by the fact that Jennifer Aniston is their spokesperson.
When I came home I did a little more research into the brand and found out that Jennifer is in fact a 
co-owner of Living Proof. Its one thing being a spokesperson but investing your own money into a brand, well that's not something you hear of everyday.

Living Proof have a very scientific philosophy when it comes to hair. Most hair products contain silicone, silicone coats the hair, making it soft and shiny. However as its purely coating the hair, its not actually providing any benefit to the condition of your hair. Think of it as painting over the cracks in a wall, the wall looks better, but the cracks are still there. All of Living Proof's products are silicone free and instead contain molecules developed by Living Proof to actually improve the quality of your hair and tackle those common hair problems we all suffer from.

I have tried quite a few products from the range now and have been really impressed by all of them.
 I wanted to try their new Perfect Hair Day range, however it isn't available in the UK yet (I even tweeted Living Proof about this). But luckily the Beauty Gods answered my prayers and when Sephora finally started shipping to the UK I ordered myself the shampoo and conditioner.

The Perfect Hair Day range is designed to deliver 5 benefits for beautiful, healthy hair. Smoothness, Volume, Conditioning, Strength and Polish. They promise to improve hair over time and leave your hair feeling cleaner for longer.

I have to say this is the first time I have been disappointed by any of Living Proof products. I have been using both the shampoo and conditioner for over a month and have in fact used up both bottles now. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with the shampoo or conditioner, I just didn't notice any benefit or difference in my hair. I was really hoping the 'hair feels cleaner for longer' claim would work for me but I still had to wash my hair every other day. One thing I will say is, that like all Living Proof products these smell amazing but I just couldn't justify splashing out on these again.

I still really want to try the Perfect Hair Day Styling Treatment but as Sephora wont ship that to me I will have to make an epic trek across the pond. Whilst I was disappointed with these, it hasn't put me off Living Proof and I am eyeing up the Satin Hair Serum next.

If you live in America you can purchase Living Proof from Sephora. If you live in the UK you can now purchase Living Proof from John Lewis as well as Space NK (woohoo).

My quest for Jennifer hair continues! 



No comments:

Post a Comment