Sunday 29 June 2014

My Current Everyday Makeup Look


Normally I change my makeup look pretty regularly but for the past couple of weeks this is the makeup I have worn religiously. It involves some new products, which have quickly become staples in my makeup bag and some old rediscovered favourites. 

Base

Primer
MAC Prep & Prime Skin
I only have a tiny sample of this but it has done an amazing job of keeping my makeup on all day. It does have a slight silicone feel to it but nothing like the dreaded Maybelline Baby Skin. I would recommend if you are looking for a good primer. 

Foundation
Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation in Shade SP50 mixed with NARS Copacabana Illuminator
This has been my foundation combination for a while now and it has served me well. I have almost finished this bottle of Shiseido foundation so it will be all change soon. 

Concealer
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
Slowly but surely this concealer is growing on me. Its smooth, has good coverage and doesn't cake at all, however I still think there are better alternatives.

Bronzer
Soleil Tan de Chanel
I recently dug this out of my makeup stash in a bid to get some use out of it again. I used to use this cream bronzer all the time and somehow managed to get through a whole pot of it! It does take a bit of getting used to and you definitely need to blend well with a brush to stop any orange tide marks. If you don't like to spend a lot of time on your makeup then you wont get along with this.

Contour
MAC Sculpting Powder in Sculpt
You will be seeing this in my June favourites as I have become a bit obsessed with this and desperately trying to contour some bone structure on my face ;) Don't worry if you missed out on this in the Maleficent collection though as its part of MAC's permanent range.

Powder 
Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot
I have almost come to the end of this powder and actually have a couple of new setting powders to try, expect a review soon!

Blush
MAC Cheeky Bugger
This month the only blushers I have worn are my NARS Matte Multiple in Anguilla and this. I love both as they give a pretty pink, foolproof flush. 

Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette with Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
Standard.

Eyeshadow Primer
NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
Great for people with oily eyelids as its nice and light but keeps your eyeshadow on all day.

Eyeshadow
MAC Sculpting Powder in Sculpt
I have been skipping eyeshadow in favour of using this through my crease for a bit of natural shadow.

Eyeliner
MAC Teddy Eye Kohl
This is the key to this makeup look because without it, its pretty boring. I tight line my upper water line, then line the outer corner of my eye and blend out with my finger. The finished effect doesn't even look like you are wearing liner but it just adds some fullness to your lash line. Teddy works particularly well for this look as its brown rather than black, which can look too harsh.

Mascara
Benefit They're Real
I have come back round to loving this mascara, I swear this gets better after you have used it for a few weeks. I love how this extends the lashes in my outer corners for a flirty effect!

Lips

Lipstick
NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Montego Bay
Considering I change my lipstick on a daily basis, its something of a miracle that I have worn nothing but this lipstick for two weeks straight! I call this my Angelina Jolie lipstick because it doesn't really look like you are wearing lipstick but makes your lips look instantly fuller.


No comments:

Post a Comment