Sunday 15 June 2014

Face of the Day with L'oreal Colour Riche L'Ombre Pure Eyeshadow in Golden Nude

I just want to take a moment to applaud L'oreal for some really good releases this year. From mascara, to nail polish, to lip products, I feel they have really expanded their range with amazing formula's that I wouldn't expect from the high street. Maybelline take note, you are letting me down so far in 2014!

L'oreal's latest release are these L'Ombre Pure Eyeshadow's which are amazingly soft, creamy and metallic. They are so smooth that they almost feel like a cream eyeshadow and pack some serious punch when it comes to colour pay off.

I picked up two shades, Golden Nude (204) which is a metallic gold and Cafe Saint Germain (201) which is a metallic taupey/purple colour. 

For £5.49 these are amazing value, definitely worth checking out next time you are in Boots

Now on with the rest of the face!

Face 

Foundation
Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation in shade SP50 mixed with NARS Copacabana Illuminator
This has been my foundation combination for the past month or so. In the Summer I like to wear foundations with a higher SPF so this Shiseido one is perfect.

Concealer
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
I finished my Hourglass concealer and have now reverted back to this NARS one. I still don't quite get what all the fuss is about with this concealer. It does a pretty decent job but I'm not blown away by it....maybe time will tell.

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC3
I tend to use two concealers, one for under eyes and always my trusty Laura Mercier for spots and redness, you cant beat it.

Bronzer
MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell
I really hope MAC re-release these bronzers at some point, as they give your skin a really beautiful glow. 

Blush
MAC Cheeky Bugger Blush
Full review here, even though this is sold out online check your local MAC counter!

Highlighter
Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight
Because I can't do my makeup without applying this!

Powder 
Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot
A pretty decent setting powder, does the job.

Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
My favourite brow duo, it never fails me.

Eyeshadow Primer
NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
One of the best eyeshadow primers I have tried, makes my eyeshadow last all day and doesn't feel heavy or cakey once applied.

Eyeshadow
L'oreal Colour Riche L'Ombre Pure in 204 Golden Nude

Mascara
L'oreal Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara
Full review here and the waterproof formula lasts all day with zero smudging.

Lips

Lipstick
NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Montego Bay
There are two things I am always looking for in a lipstick:
1) A matte finish
2) A shade that is similar to the lipstick Rachel McAdams wears in the Notebook
I don't ask for much do I ;) 

This ticks both boxes, so naturally its my current favourite!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE that lipstick! Those eyeshadows look lovely! Haven't heard anything about them yet...hope they pop in the US soon!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow did we actually get something new in the UK first?! I am impressed! Definitely worth checking out when do they arrive over there :) That lipstick is my new obsession and I might have just ordered a new shade uh oh! ;) xx

      Delete