Sunday 8 June 2014

Nude Nails

At the moment I am in a nail polish funk, I own an obscene amount of the stuff but for some reason I am just bored of every colour. Maybe too much variety is a bad thing, or maybe I need to invent a new colour, I just don't know. 

Due to my indecisive state, I have just been wearing different shades of natural/nude polish and I thought I would share some of my current favourites with you.

I have my friend Nat to thank for getting me hooked on these L'oreal Colour Riche Nail polishes. There are so many on trend shades to chose from and the quality is really good. If you are looking for a nice nude polish they have so many different shades to suit every skin tone. My current favourite is Boudoir Rose, which I had to buy after seeing it on Nat! I really recommend these and you can pick them up from Boots for £4.99 each.

L'oreal Colour Riche in Boudoir Rose 204

L'oreal Colour Riche in Beige Countess 104

My next favourite is a very popular Essie polish, Fiji. This is a a very white toned baby pink, its very girly and I get a lot of people asking what my nail polish is when I wear it. Its actually more pink toned than it looks in the picture below. If Fiji is too pink for you and you prefer a peachy nude, then Orly's Prelude to a Kiss would be my recommendation.

Essie Fiji

Orly Prelude to a Kiss

And lastly I have two from OPI, the first I'm not going to lie I did want it purely for the name alone. My Vampire is Buff is a yellow toned cream, which sounds like it would look horrible but I actually think it looks really cool on the nails and is a change from a traditional white. The second is from OPI's new Brazil collection, Don't Bossa Nova Me Around. I would describe this as a murky baby pink, it looks a bit more sophisticated on the nails than Essie's Fiji.

OPI My Vampire is Buff

OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around

Its Sunday evening so that can only mean one thing, nail painting time. After my weeks of nude nails I am considering venturing further down the colour spectrum but lets not be too hasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment