Tuesday 10 June 2014

Face of the Day with L'oreal L'Extraordinaire Colour Riche Liquid Lipstick in Nude Ballet

I am a self confessed makeup addict, my mind is switched to makeup mode most of the time! If I am watching a film or TV programme and I like the look of a particular characters makeup, I start trying to guess what product was used. Before I know it, I'm googling away, trying to find the makeup artist and what products they used.

I definitely have a lot of useless makeup information stored up there but in case anyone else is like me, I thought I would share my two most recent finds.

I am a massive Mad Men fan, cannot tell you how much I wish I lived back in the late 60's early 70's.
 I love the makeup in the show, especially Christina Hendricks' character Joan. I did a little research into her makeup and found that its not always a red lip she's wearing. Due to the colours in the show, when she is wearing a pink lip it appears red and one of the colours used is Baby Lips by 
Laura Mercier, so of course I had to try it. 
On a slightly more embarrassing note, when Kim Kardashian recently got married I was waiting with baited breath for that makeup breakdown. When her makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic spilled that he used an £8.99 lipstick by L'oreal, I was in Boots, quicker than you can say Kardashian!

Face

Foundation
Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation in Shade SP50
I like this foundation because its light and doesn't feel heavy on your skin but still gives a good medium coverage. Plus the high SPF is perfect for these sunny days.

Concealer/Highlighter
Max Factor Under Eye CC Stick
I recently did a review of these Max Factor CC Sticks and the yellow toned, under eye one is definitely the best of the bunch. 

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC3
The day I finally finish this will be a momentous day and I don't quite know what I will do without it after all these years.

Contour
MAC Sculpting Powder in 'Sculpt'
Don't worry if you missed out on this in the Maleficent collection, Sculpt is one of MAC's Pro contour powders, which you can buy online here. This has definitely made me fall back in love with contouring.

Blusher
Milani Illuminating Face Powder in Amber Nectar
These powders by Milani have to be one of the best beauty buys in any American drugstore. I love that they give a sheer amount of colour with a heck of a lot of glow.

Powder
Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder
I do like this yellow toned powder for brightening my face, I just wish the packaging was a bit more practical. 

Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
 My eyebrow weapons of choice, always.

Eyeshadow
MAC Sculpting Powder in 'Sculpt'
I wasn't feeling eyeshadow, so I just used a bit of contour powder though my socket to create a natural shadow.

Mascara
Benefit They're Real
Its taken a while but Ive fallen back in love with this mascara. The torture ball tip is just perfect for really winging out your outer lashes, giving a pretty cat eyed effect.


Lips

Lipstick
Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Colour in Baby Lips
Baby Lips is a pretty safe, everyday wearable pink colour. There's nothing not to like about it and if you like your nudes more on the natural side like me, then its definitely one to add to your list.

L'oreal L'Extraordinaire Colour Riche Liquid Lipstick in Nude Ballet
Being a Kim K colour, I was worried this was going to be concealer lip nude but its actually pretty wearable. For me it is a little bit pale on its own but I really like it layered over another lipstick. These are seriously glossy and pretty long lasting, I am impressed.


4 comments:

  1. The Milani blush is great! Really nice look!

    www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, yes I am obsessed with those blushers love them! x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! It's interesting they used a pink lip to make it appear red on camera! I know they did the same thing with Marilyn Monroe, but I would assume that cameras today would be able to pick up color better haha!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew that about Marilyn! I also love Tippi Hedren's lipstick in The Birds but Im sure that was a completely different colour in real life as well! x

      Delete