Thursday 8 August 2013

Smells Like Summer





























I am definitely one to change my perfumes in the Summer. I like heavy, quite masculine scents but when it comes to the Summer I want something much lighter. My Summer perfumes are still made up of my favourite notes, amber and vanilla but in a much lighter way.

I am quite picky when it comes to perfumes as I don't want to smell like anyone else! I like to wear a scent that is unique to me and I thought I would share my favourite Summer perfumes.

YSL Saharienne - Out of the four, this is the 'safe' option. I can't imagine that anyone would not like this scent. Saharienne symbolises "a sexy woman with a feline twist, born from the alliance of sand and the sun" I know perfume adverts can be incredibly cringey but that I have to admit I love that description. Makes me think of Khalessi from Game of Thrones! There is some citrus in here, white petals and amber wood. (N.B Pretty much every perfume I like contains amber!)  Sadly this doesn't come with a Khal Drogo of your own.

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo di Sicilia - I seriously adore this perfume. If like me you like a more unique scent definitely check out Acqua Di Parma, they are an Italian brand and their scents are beautiful. Mandorlo di Sicilia is a sweet scent with Mediterranean almond, vanilla and white musk. This is a very me scent and if you bottled the Mediterranean I imagine it would smell like this!

Bobbi Brown Almost Bare - This has quickly become my signature scent, I got through a bottle in just over a month! The name of this perfume sums it up perfectly. I imagine this is something Jennifer Aniston would wear, its simple but classic. Funnily enough I get a lot of compliments from men on this perfume, the man in Superdrug even asked me the name of my perfume, which must tell you something.

Maison Martin Margiela Replica Beach Walk - I have mentioned the Replica line in several blog posts so I won't repeat myself but just close your eyes, imagine walking along the beach, the sand between your toes (don't imagine a pebble beach!) this is exactly what this perfume smells like. You couldn't get any more summery if you tried!


No comments:

Post a Comment