Tuesday 6 August 2013

July Beauty Favourites

 So Summer is almost over but until I have my holiday in September it wont be for me! I love Autumn/Winter time and I'm definitely not a Summer baby, but I try my best!

Its been ridiculously hot here in the UK so I have been wearing much lighter bases and switched my normal red blushers and lipsticks for more coral toned colours.

Here are the products I have used the most this past month and really loved.

Illamasqua Nail Polish in Rare - I love this nail polish and its pretty much the only colour I wear on my toes in the Summer. I love how bright it is, and it looks even better when your tanned! I just think it looks cool paired with my black Haviana flip flops. Illamasqua is one of my favourite nail polish brands, they are such good quality and I love the colour range. Ive had this for a good few years now and its as good as new.

Topshop Nail Polish in Celestial - I still cant stop wearing this on my fingers, its beyond a problem now!

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation - I love this foundation and it gets a lot more use than some of my more expensive ones. Its a light to medium coverage and I love the consistency of it. Its quite thin so blends beautifully into your skin and leaves a natural but slightly glowy finish. I would highly recommend this.

Chanel Moisturising Bronzing Powder in Terre Epice - Did you know this is Lauren Conrad's favourite bronzer, oh yeah she has good taste ;) I got this in duty free years ago and for some reason had never used it. Like the Jouer bronzer I just blogged about, this is a very warm toned bronzer and I love the warmth it brings to my face.
Very shallow I know, but I also love the packaging, the compact looks so nice and makes you feel all fancy taking it out of your bag. Plus the mirror is huge so you can see your whole face in it and the brush that comes with it isn't half bad and is good for touch ups. If you have got your holiday coming up and fancy treating yourself try this.

 Lucas Papaw Ointment - I will share you with a story and its not pretty. One day I had a rash under my arm after shaving, for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to put sudocrem on the rash overnight. About 4 hours later I woke up in agony, the sudocrem had dried and my under arm was basically stuck together! I couldn't even raise my arm without feeling like my skin was ripping. Honestly it was horrendous, I even cried. The only thing that made it better and healed it was this little miracle and I have never been without it since. Lucas Papaw ointment is an all purpose balm, along the lines of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. I put this on dry patches, bites, rashes, scabs anything and they heal within a couple of days. I don't know if its the pawpaw fruit in it, but honestly this has been a miracle worker for me. Its imported from Australia and I buy mine from here http://www.pawpawshop.co.uk/

MAC Blusher in Peaches - This is the best blush colour for summer, I love the peachy/coral tone and that it still looks natural enough for minimal make up. Its also the perfect accompaniment to my next favourite!

Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya - Revlon Lip Butters are another one of my obsessions and Juicy Papaya has been my current go to. Its a sheer coral that goes perfectly with MAC Peaches blush and is one of those lipsticks you can throw on without a mirror (my favourite kind of lipstick!)



No comments:

Post a Comment