Monday 21 July 2014

Bumble and Bumble Travel Sets

Summer time equals miniature time. If you are away on your travels you don't want your case laden down with a load of heavy lotions and potions, so beauty miniatures are the answer. Even if you're not going away, miniatures are the best way to try a product and see if you like it, without paying the full price.

Bumble and Bumble is one of my favourite haircare brands and they do some of the best travel sets. For just under £20.00 you get all your hair care sorted with a mini shampoo, conditioner and a styling product.

The Hairdresser's Trio Travel Set

The Hairdresser's set contains the Invisible Oil shampoo, conditioner and primer. These all contain Bumble and Bumble's 6 featherweight oils which help soften, silken, tame, de-frizz, detangle and protect your hair.

The shampoo is sulfate free (a common chemical found in most shampoos) but still lathers up really well. After washing and conditioning my hair felt soft and squeaky clean.

The primer really intrigued me as I love Living Proof's hair primer. The Invisible Oil primer also acts as a heat/UV protectant so perfect if you are heat styling your hair, or on holiday and out in the sun all day.  The primer has the same oils as the shampoo and conditioner but also helps to prevent breakage and ease flyaways. I sprayed this on my towel dried hair and then brushed through with my Tangle Teezer.

This trio seriously impressed me, my hair feels super soft and light and I have to keep stopping myself from touching it, its that soft!

Available from Boots £19.50

Bumble and Bumble The Surf Set

If you have read my blog for any length of time you will know that i am a bit obsessed with the Surf range from Bumble and Bumble. These help me achieve the kind of messy, wavy textured hair that I prefer and as I use the full size version of all these products, the travel set is perfect for me.

The shampoo and conditioner leave my hair feeling bouncy and clean and I find they also give my hair a bit more thickness and volume.

The Surf Spray is a sea salt spray which adds texture and waves to my hair without using any heat styling at all. I spray this through my towel dried hair then go to bed. When I wake up in the morning and brush it out I have nice big beachy waves, which I love.

Available from Boots £18.00

If I compared the two sets I would say that the Invisible Oil range left my hair feeling much softer and smoother, whereas the Surf range gave my hair some texture and body but both left my hair feeling really clean.

1 comment:

  1. hmm.. I love some beach waves, but I'd still like the conditioning properties of the other kit! Thanks for the informative review!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete