Monday 14 July 2014

Too Faced

Too Faced is a brand that I have never really explored. I do love their chocolate bronzer but I have just been put off by their high prices and borderline tacky packaging. 

I was in need of a new setting powder and after hearing some rave reviews about their Primed and Poreless powder, I decided to put my preconceptions to one side.  
I had also heard good things about their lipsticks, so I picked the shade Spice Spice Baby to try as well. The makeup Gods must have been smiling on me that day because when my order arrived, there had been a mix up and I had been sent the Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette by mistake, result!

Too Faced Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette

This palette contains 16 eyeshadows, each infused with real cocoa powder and I will admit, they really do smell of chocolate! 
On the whole this a neutral palette, with a few wildcard shades thrown in. A mixture of mattes and shimmers, the quality and pigmentation of the shadows is lovely. However at £45.00 I think the palette is way over priced. The shades are nice but not particularly unique and the packaging is more tacky than kitsch. Skip this and try one of Urban Decay's Naked Palettes instead.

Available from Debenhams £45.00

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder

As a setting powder, this was very mattifying and kept my face shine free for most of the day without any touch ups. I did really like this but there is one big drawback, it doesn't photograph well with flash. 
In pictures with flash, this gave my face a rather unflattering white cast and whilst on a daily basis that's not a problem, its still a bit disappointing.

For now I will enjoy using it but I just need to remember to use a different powder if its a special occasion and I'm likely to be 'papped'.

Available from Debenhams £24.00

Too Faced La Creme Colour Drenched Lip Cream in Spice Spice Baby

Out of the three things I tried, the lipstick is by far my favourite. It has a lovely creamy texture which feels moisturising on the lips, the shade is a beautiful my lips but better colour and the packaging is cute. I would definitely try out more shades in the range.

Available from Debenhams £18.00

Overall my opinion on Too Faced hasn't really changed. The products are all of a good quality but the pricing is just too high. If they halved their prices I would definitely be inclined to try more, but for now I'll stick with my chocolate bronzing powder and lipstick.


On my eyes -  Too Faced Chocolate Palette: 'Amaretto' and 'Marzipan' all over the lid with 'Salted Caramel' in the crease and underneath the lower lash line. 

Powder - Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder

Lipstick - Too Faced La Creme Colour Drenched Lip Cream in Spice Spice Baby


4 comments:

  1. I love my Chocolate Bar! Love it and use it everyday!

    www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I need you to inspire me then! I think the colours are lovely I just own far too many eyeshadow palettes already! x

      Delete
  2. wow, they sent you a palette by accident?! Amazing!

    I agree, while Too Faced products are good, they're not AMAZING. I really do love their la cremes though :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I was well chuffed! Thats the real shame, there is nothing bad about them just their prices are too much for what they are! Yeah I was super impressed by the la cremes too :) xx

    ReplyDelete