Saturday 2 August 2014

July Favourites

In July I was mostly a bad blogger! I love makeup but sometimes I just get writers block, or I worry that people will think I'm a vapid individual for writing posts on beauty products!

I love blogging, I have missed it and as I should remind myself, you can't spend your life worrying about the opinions of others. I am going to try and incorporate some other, non beauty related things into this little corner of the internet. I have all these ideas in my head but translating them to a written post is a whole other story. 

Lets start off gently with some of my favourite beauty products and other non beauty related favourites from the month of July! 

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

This is one of the best foundations I have found on the high street. It feels lovely and light on the skin, gives a medium coverage and has a very natural finish. It leaves your skin with a really subtle glow and the lasting power isn't bad either. I would highly recommend this if you are looking for a new foundation that won't break the bank.

Available from Boots £6.99

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

I first discovered this last year and it remains the best BB cream I have tried. I have been wearing this on those no makeup weekends, you know the ones where you spend half the day watching Sons of Anarchy ;) 
This doesn't provide much in the way of coverage but it just evens out my overall skin tone and gives my skin a bit of life and colour. It must do something as I've had a few compliments on my skin when wearing this!

Available from Smashbox £13.50 for the travel size version

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lush Nectarine

I know its officially Summer when this blusher comes out my drawer! It looks quite bright in the pan but on the skin it translates to a beautiful coral glow and lives up to its second skin name. If you like coral blushes you will love this.

Available from Space NK £20.50

Soap & Glory Archery in Brownie Points

My Hourglass pencil will always be my favourite brow pencil but as I'm running low on that, I thought I would try and use this up. I bought this last year for one of my Christmas party looks but found the pencil to be very hard and chalky, so never really reached for it again. 
Archery is a double ended brow pen, on one end you have a brush which allows you to draw individual hairs and the other end is a standard pencil. Tip for you, if you have an eye kohl or eyebrow pencil that is quite hard, put it over a flame for a few seconds. This will turn your kohl from chalky to creamy and since doing this with the Archery pencil I have loved it.

Available from Boots £10.00

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in Medium Glow

I cannot tell you the last time I used fake tan, we are talking at least 3 years ago. I just hate the stuff, it goes patchy, its orange and it stinks, plus I cant be bothered to go through all the effort of applying it. 
I have been trying to get my legs out a bit more this Summer but as that's a bit of a traumatising experience for me I need something to make the whole process a bit easier. As I don't fake tan, Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs seemed the perfect alternative. 

This is essentially leg makeup, think of it as foundation for your legs! You spray it on and rub in with your hands, don't worry its not a tan so will wash straight off your hands afterwards, although I would put a towel down to avoid it going everywhere. My legs looked tanned but in a natural, healthy way. It also covers any unsightly veins or marks on your legs. This didn't rub off on my clothes or bed sheets but washed off easily when I showered. 
Amazing stuff.

Available from Boots £9.99

Essie Nail Polish in Lilacism

I have been obsessed with this pretty lilac colour on my nails recently. Before I bought this in Boots, I compared it to Barry M's Prickly Pear which I also love. Compared to Prickly Pear, this is lighter and less bright, with more of a grey/blue tone.

Available from Boots £7.99

Bumble and Bumble The Hairdresser's Trio Travel Set

I have just reviewed this on my blog here if you want the full lowdown. Sad to say I have already used up the shampoo and conditioner :( I may just have to purchase the full size!

Available from Escentual.com currently on sale for £15.60

Solillas

It took me forever to find some Summer shoes that I liked and that didn't result in your toes being on show 24/7. I discovered Solillas on Office and instantly fell in love. The style is simple and classic which I love and since buying them they haven't left my feet. One thing you should know about me, I am a creature of habit and when I find something I like I tend to buy two of it, so of course I had to get a black pair as well!
The price of these did make me wince a bit but these are handmade and real leather. They are so comfy and unlike cheap Primark flats, dint leave your feet stinking!

Available from Office £45.00

I thought I would leave you with a few of my music favourites that I have been listening to repeatedly for the last month.

Bruce Springsteen - Born In the USA

I am on a bit of a Springsteen kick at the moment and when I'm driving to work I imagine that I'm driving down a vast American highway, instead of the narrow winding lanes of Surrey! The perfect road trip album. My personal fave, My Hometown.

Joshua James - Build Me This

I discovered Joshua James through the Sons of Anarchy soundtrack. I listen to a lot of soundtracks, I just love them and I discover so many artists that I never would have even heard of otherwise. If you like a bit of folk in your life, give him a listen.

John Mayer - Paradise Valley

Sadly John Mayer's reputation with the ladies tends to overshadow his music in the media. For Paradise Valley, Mayer has gone a bit country on us and I bloody love it. There is nothing groundbreaking here but for some chilled out, easy listening I love this album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment