Wednesday 16 July 2014

Face of the Day for Afternoon Tea at the Savoy


To celebrate milestone birthdays for both my Nans, we went to the Savoy in London for Afternoon Tea. I have never had the experience of afternoon tea before, probably due to the fact I don't drink tea or coffee!

The Savoy is beautiful and for me the best thing about the afternoon was admiring the architecture and interiors. I took a few pictures which I thought were too beautiful not to share.

I fell in love with these pop art paintings of various famous guests who have stayed at the Savoy, including Marilyn Monroe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ava Gardner, Katharine Hepburn and Frank Sinatra.




From one form of art appreciation to another, makeup! I was in a mood to experiment slightly with my eye makeup but as I knew there was bound to be a family picture or two taken, I wasn't about to do anything too crazy!

Face

Foundation
Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in B30
A fail safe, I love that this provides a good level of coverage but doesn't look or feel heavy on your skin.

Concealer
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
I really have tried with this concealer but I just don't get the hype. The coverage is ok but not great, the lasting power is so so and the annoying applicator drags my skin. I just think there are better performing and cheaper concealers out there.

Bronzer
MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell
This is lovely but no longer available. If you are looking for a new bronzer though I highly recommend Jouer, which you can buy from Cult Beauty.

Contour
MAC Sculpting Powder in Sculpt
This is available online as a MAC Pro product. I like to use a tiny bit to try and add some definition to my chubby cheeks.

Blush
MAC Cheeky Bugger Blush
Full review here

Powder
MAC Prep & Prime CC Colour Correcting Compact in Neutralize
Full review here

Eyes

Eyeshadow Primer
Nars Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
My favourite eyeshadow primer

Eyeshadow
Too Faced Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette
Now is the time I have to try and remember what shades I used! All over the lid I used Marzipan with Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate in the crease. I posted a more in depth review of this palette here.

Eyeliner
MAC Teddy and Powersurge Eye Kohl
Not one but two eyeliners, can you tell I was feeling wild?! I used Teddy, which is a metallic brown, smudged out on my upper lash line. I then used Powersurge which is a metallic gold in my waterline. I always forget I own this liner but its perfect for bronzey summer makeup looks.

Mascara
MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash
A repurchase, one of the best lengthening mascaras I have tried. It also lasts all day without flaking or smudging.

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brown Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
As always!

Lips

Lipstick
Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Bangkok
As I did a slightly heavier eye makeup, I wanted to keep my lips pretty neutral so this matte lipstick by NARS was perfect.

When it comes to hair I am pretty boring and if I am going out there is only hair style I do, which is my Game of Thrones Hair. There are two tricks to this, number one my Babyliss Waving Wand, which makes curling your hair idiot proof and number two brushing your curls out. This is the key to getting those loose, big waves! 

I am also currently loving the Lee Stafford Argan Oil Flexible Hold Hairspray. Smells amazing and not a single strand of crispy hair in sight. The hold is quite light though, so bear that in mind.



For nails I went with my current favourite polish, Essie's Lilacism <3

I also just wanted to share my earrings as I think they are pretty cool ;) Jules Smith has some amazing, unique jewellery designs and I loved these art deco inspired Sunburst earrings. You can drool over her pieces on Shop Bop.



No comments:

Post a Comment