Saturday 9 February 2013

This is what happens when you pick up a basket in Boots

Note to self, don't pick up a basket in Boots! Although I did have £20 worth of Advantage points to use up so its not all bad!

As I mentioned in a previous post I have really been enjoying trying more affordable drugstore makeup lately, and have found some real gems!

I had wanted to try L'Oreal's new foundation, Lumi Magique. Anything that promises glowy skin peaks my interest! L'Oreal had an offer on so I also got their new highlighting concealer from the same Lumi Magique range. I would really recommend both products, I have been particularly impressed with the foundation and really like the finish it leaves on my skin. I'll be sure to do a face of the day with both of these but they have my stamp of approval.

I picked up a couple of products from Rimmel which have received a lot of hype lately. Rimmel Stay Matte powder has received such good reviews, that I wanted to try it but I can't say I'm that impressed. For me it was too matte and cakey, nope I will be sticking with my beloved Laura Mercier Mineral Powder.
Next up another hugely hyped product, Rimmels Apocalips. Apocalips are a lip lacquer, designed to be long wearing but provide intense colour and leave a glossy finish. I have the colour Celestial and again I have to be honest I really wasn't that impressed. I do really like the colour but I didn't actually find this to be particularly long wearing at all, plus it left my lips feeling dry.
I did also picke up Rimmels Match Perfection Foundation, I haven't tried this yet so no more negative Rimmel reviews....yet!





























I had a voucher for £2 off any Essie nail varnish and I can't tell you how long I stood at the Essie stand umming and ahhing. In the end I opted for Luxedo and a fine choice I made too. Luxedo is practically black but in the light you can see the burgundy in it. For reference this is darker then Essie's Wicked.

I picked up Maybelline's newest mascara, The Rocket and an oldie but a goodie, The Falsies. I have already reviewed these in my Maybelline mascara's post

Another product which I mentioned in more detail in my Everyday face post is the La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere Moisturising cream for Sensitive Skin. So pleased I picked this up, I am really impressed with it.

Also thrown in the basket were some new lashes, Oh Honey! from the Katy Perry Eyelure range and another pair of natural looking brown toned lashes from Eyelure and last but not least some OPI nail varnish remover. I had run out of my Zoya Remove Plus a while ago and didn't want to fork out the money to buy it again so had been using just a bog standard 99p remover but it was really wrecking my nails and they became very brittle. I tried OPI's remover and my nails really improved, this is now my second bottle.

So the moral of this haul is....don't pick up a basket in Boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment