Wednesday 27 February 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Veronica Opulash Mascara

 I have to confess this was a moment of weakness! Personally I haven't been excited about a MAC collection in a while, I'm dying for a collection like Venomous Villains which had me practically foaming at the mouth. So while I wait for a collection to get excited about, I trawled the MAC website! Archie's Girls is their latest collection which is based on an American comic strip, I'm pretty sure that no one in the UK had ever heard of Archie's Girls before and I was actually surprised the collection even released over here, but the cute packaging sucked me in and I thought I couldn't go wrong with a mascara! See how I balanced my weak moment with a moderately sensible purchase.





I have used MAC's Opulash mascara before and remembered being quite impressed with it, so figured I couldn't go wrong. This Archie guy seems to have two love interests and I gotta say I love that he's representing for the ginger guys. His two leading ladies are Betty and Veronica. Betty is blonde and the colours in her collection are very pink, girly, cutesy if you get my drift. Veronica on the other hand has blue black hair and the colours in her collection are much more bold and dramatic. Naturally I am a Veronica fan! This mascara is in Veronica's collection and the colour is "Bad, Bad, Black" because if you have dark hair you are a bad ass ;)

























































Opulash has a ginormous traditional bristle brush, I'm talking Benefit Bad Gal style big. This for me is the only con of Opulash, as with a brush this big you will inevitably end up with mascara on your eyelid as I did.

But don't let that put you off too much, as this really is a great mascara. I'm sure you will agree once you see my before and after pictures below! Opulash has quite a dry formula which is good as it stops your lashes clumping into three! Its very volumising but also does a good job at lengthening.

What impresses me the most about this mascara though is the fact it does not budge, and I am typing this after wearing it for 15 hours straight! It hasn't transferred on my skin, or flaked off at all which is amazing for me as I usually have to wear waterproof mascaras to stop this happening. 

Thumbs up from me!

I decided I didn't need to label which is which on the before and after pictures ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment