Saturday 2 February 2013

I love Maybelline Mascara's


I have fallen in love with Maybelline again. We first met around eleven years ago when I was fifteen (I'm old now!) and Sarah Michelle Gellar was their cover girl. I cannot tell you how much I wish they would bring those adverts back. They had a product which was called "Express Makeup 3 in 1" it was basically a stick foundation but I was obsessed with that thing and convinced it would make me look like SMG! You know if they bought it back now, I would definitely buy it again.

Many things have changed in the eleven years since, although my ability to be suckered in by celebrity makeup endorsements has stayed just as strong! I believe the best mascara's are drugstore mascara's and Maybelline's range is by far the best.


First up we have Maybelline's newest offering, "The Rocket Volum' Express" I have this in the waterproof version. The Rocket is meant to build up volume on your lashes, quickly without coats and coats of mascara. It has a wide, plastic bristle brush which at first I was quite apprehensive about but this mascara is amazing and definitely my favourite of the four.







































Before - No mascara at all (as if that wasn't obvious!)






































After - Bloody amazing! Honestly go try this mascara, I can't recommend it enough. It really does what it says. Its lengthening and volumising and that's with just two really quick coats.



Next up we have "Illegal Length Fiber Extensions" This has a traditional bristle brush and is a lengthening, rather then volumising mascara. Again I have this in waterproof.
You can see the tiny fiber extensions on the brush below, these extensions cling onto the end of your lashes, adding length. Personally I like fiber extension mascaras, I know they are not to everyone's taste but for me they do a really good job of lengthening. I do have to be careful when applying this mascara though as if you get one of the fibers in your eye its extremely irritating. I can imagine if you are a contact lense wearer, you may want to avoid this.







































After - OK, so not as dramatic as the Rocket, but you can really see the lengthening effect. I like this mascara if I'm in a more natural mood.


Now we move onto "The One by One Volum' Express" This is meant to volumise whilst still defining each lash. Like the Rocket, this has a wide, plastic bristle brush. The brush head is flexible, but I do find I end up with mascara on my eyelid due to the shape and width of the brush.







































After - I really do like this mascara, if you compare this to the before picture the difference is very dramatic. I'm not sure on how defining it is, but none the less I like it. I also like that again its very quick to build volume.


The last mascara is "The Falsies Volum' Express" This is another traditional bristle brush, like Illegal Lengths. The brush is curved and flexible, so it fits nicely round your eye. I also have this in waterproof. The falsies is meant to both volumise and lengthen to give you a false lash effect, if you hadn't already guessed ;)

 .






































After - Now I don't know if its because its new and needs to dry out a little but I was a bit disappointed with The Falsies compared to the others

I used to use The Falsies and loved it, so I am inclined to believe this is the case. Its still a very good mascara but compared to the Rocket and One by One it falls a little short for me.

So there you go, i hope this encourages you to try one of these mascaras. You really can't go wrong, my personal recommendation of the four will definitely be The Rocket!

If you have any good mascara recommendations I would love to hear them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment