Tuesday 26 February 2013

Everyday Face Featuring Burberry


I feel like I really have embraced a more natural look but when I lay it all out like this....I'm not so sure! This face is a mixture of new products, everyday staples and a few re-discoveries!





For foundation I used the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Compact, I'm not a huge fan of this so am trying to use it up. The main reason I'm not too keen is the lasting power, I find by the end of the day its just disappeared from the centre of my face!

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage is one of my staple items. Best concealer for covering blemishes, you can tell that its well loved by how much Ive used. This stuff lasts forever.

One of my newest purchases is the Revlon Nearly Naked pressed powder, I am really impressed by this  and tempted to buy the foundation but I really don't need another foundation, so don't let me do that! This just reaffirms my dislike for the Rimmel Stay Matte! Only thing I would say is, the shade I have "Light Pale" is quite dark. I'm not sure of the shade range but if you are very pale make sure you see the colours in person before buying.

Another well loved product is my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, I love the warmth this gives to my face and on extra lazy days I just put this through my crease instead of using an eyeshadow.

NARS cream blush in Cactus Flower was a rediscovery, a sheer red blush with gold shimmer it gives the perfect natural flush. Out of all the NARS blushers I own this is by far my favourite.

I know I have been raving about this recently, so I wont go on but the L'Oreal Lumi Magique really is a smashing brightening, under eye concealer.

Brows, well what can I say I have reverted back to MAC Lingering, how long did I last...a month! My favourite ever brow pencil, but be warned it does not last long. I get through one of these a month at least! My other love is the Illamasqua brow and lash gel and these two combined are an eyebrow dream! I know I should probably get a new one of these as it looks so rank and Ive had it a while now, but I cant bear to throw it away while I know there's still product in there to use!

Eyeshadow wise I kept it simple and stuck with one of true loves Burberry Almond, I have blogged about these Burberry eyeshadows before but they really are beautiful and they are exactly what I want in an eyeshadow. I'm not one for bright colours, or 'cutting that crease' I prefer my makeup to look more lived in and natural. If you only buy one Burberry eyeshadow, Almond should be the one. I just smudged this all over my lid and on my bottom lash line with a MAC 217 blending brush.

While we are on the subject of Burberry, may I present another cheeky little purchase. Burberry's Lip Mist in Rosy Red. Lip Mist's are Burberry's version of a sheer lipstick. I personally love sheer lipsticks and much prefer them to a normal lipstick. I don't do nudes they make me look like a corpse, I need a bit of colour but I don't want to look like Ive made too much of an effort if you know what I mean ;) So what I'm trying to say is, a sheer lipstick is perfect for me! Rosy Red is surprisingly pigmented and by far my favourite colour in the line.










Now onto mascara and I need to share with you my brilliant find! My Maybelline mascara love affair is still in full swing and I have always wanted to try Full 'N Soft but you cant get it here in the UK.
Well thank the lord for eBay, I found this little beauty for £3.99 and let me tell you its everything I hoped it would be. A lot of the time mascaras are given such ridiculous names but in Full 'N Soft's case its name couldn't be truer. This really defines your lashes but still gives volume and length and I love how it makes your lashes look naturally fuller and not caked and clumped together. 





















The last of my new discoveries is Dior's, Diorshow Maximiser Lash Plumping Serum. I'd seen this pop up in a few YouTube videos and it peaked my interest. Its basically a primer for your eyelashes, which you apply before your mascara. Now I was a bit wary of this at first and wasn't expecting the best results but I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. I definitely notice a difference when using this and I also think it makes my mascara last longer. I have only used it a few times though, but so far so good.






























See what I mean about natural looking lashes, no clumps here!



No comments:

Post a Comment