Sunday 10 February 2013

Reasonably Restrained MAC Haul


The moral of my previous post was, never pick up a basket in Boots. The moral of this post will be never go to MAC!

So I picked up a few bits, I am terrible at MAC when I'm asked what I want, I list off what I came for and then I always tend to throw in a couple of random items that I did not need or come for, but its as if I have no control over my mouth when this happens!
This time it was two brushes, first the 217 eyeshadow brush. Believe it or not I have never owned this brush before. This is because I have the copycat Sigma version. In fact I have two of them as I got sent a free one on both occasions I ordered a Sigma brush. Anyway I love them and use them every time I apply eyeshadow, so I wanted to see if the MAC version was better.
If you could only own one eyeshadow brush, I think this would have to be it, I love that you can pack on colour but its also a great blending brush. If you want a cheaper alternative definitely go for the Sigma version as its an equally amazing brush.

The second brush is the 130 duo fibre brush. Again I have never owned a MAC duo fibre brush before and was a bit gutted that I missed out on the Mineralize Holiday Brush kit at the end of last year. I asked the artist at MAC what one she would recommend for foundation and she suggest the 130. Now initially, I was like hmmmm not what I had in mind but because I had asked and didn't want to appear rude (so English!) I got it and I'm so glad I did. I like the fact that its quite small so it fits in all those awkward areas like between the eyebrows, under the eyes and so on. Also because the bristles are quite short you get more coverage but it still blends your foundation out beautifully. I have used this brush everyday since I got it, so I may have to ask for some more recommendations next time I visit MAC.

The two things that I actually went for were Studio Sculpt Foundation and Dainty Blush. So far I'm not really sure how I feel about Studio Sculpt, I love the gel like consistency but I'm not sure about the finish yet. I think its because I used it with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder which I was not a fan of. I'm definitely going to try this again, as I do think it is a really nice foundation, I just need to work out which powder to wear with it!

Dainty is a really pretty, pink Mineralize blush with some shimmer. Its quite subtle which I like as its one of those blushes you don't really need to think about as it goes with any makeup look. Plus if you slap loads on, its not the end of the world and lets be honest who really applies their makeup in natural light on a Monday morning (or Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday for that matter!)

If you see me at your local MAC counter please make sure I don't buy anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment