Sunday 30 March 2014

A Few New Purchases

Boots is such a dangerous place for me, especially when they keep sending me those Advantage Card coupons! I picked up a few new makeup bits and thought I would share some quick reviews.



Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polish in Ginger Melon

I wasn't keen on the idea of scented nail polish but I thought I would give it a try. Like all Revlon nail polishes the formula is great and I love the colour. I have been a bit obsessed with Mad Men lately and this is the perfect bright coral. However the scent is horrible, very synthetic smelling and every time I itch my nose or brush my face I get a waft of it. Nope, not a fan. Its all a bit too 14 year old girl for my liking.


Estee Lauder Double Wear Brush On Glow BB Highlighter in Shade 2W

I heard a lot of good things about this new under eye highlighter and I was intrigued to try it. I have to say I am impressed, this has a good brightening effect but also gives a good amount of coverage. 

Before and After




Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium

Gimme Brow is a fiber based brow gel. As well as holding your brows in shape, this adds colour and volume, filling in any sparse gaps in your eyebrows. 

Gimme Brow only comes in 2 shades, Light/Medium or Medium/Deep. I ummed and ahhed for a while over which colour to get, but as your brow colour should always be a couple of shades lighter than your natural colour, I went for Light/Medium. I actually really like this brow gel, it gives me enough colour and volume that I can use this on its own without using an eyebrow pencil first. 

There are a couple of downsides though, one being the extremely limited shade range and two it costs £17.50 for 3g of product. 3g! 3g! I'm sorry Benefit but that is plain greedy. 
So although I like this, I'm really annoyed that I do!

Before and After (with only Gimme Brow used)


Benefit They're Real Mascara

This a tried and true mascara, one of my personal favourites. Ive had a bit of mascara trouble this week (more on that later) so I wanted to go back to something I know works.

Ignore the picture on the box, your lashes wont look like that. I actually think this mascara gives quite a pretty, naturally defined effect. The torture ball wand gets to all your eyelashes, especially the outer corner ones giving a beautiful wide eyed effect.


2 comments:

  1. Love the color of that Revlon polish, but I can agree the scent of these can be a bit much!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is very Mad Men but I just cant get over the smell! I think Im being a bit of a snob!

      Delete