Tuesday 4 March 2014

February Favourites

There goes another month, February was pretty crap but March is looking a whole lot better already. My February favourites are a bit of a random jumble this month but a very good jumble none the less.

Dior Nail Glow 

I am in a bit of a nail polish funk at the moment, bored of dark colours, not quite ready for bright colours and just generally being a bit lazy when it comes to nail painting. Dior's Nail Glow has been my go to in my indecisive state. Full review here

Living Proof Full Root Lifting Hairspray

This is from the Full Discovery Kit I tried and loved. Having long, naturally straight hair means things can get a bit limp, yes I'm still talking about hair. This helps give me some much needed volume and body, without looking like a Texan Beauty Queen.

L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder (Nude Magique Eau De Teint in the UK)

Very sad to say that I have used up the last drop of this foundation. Its so light, feels like you aren't really wearing makeup but provides just the right amount of coverage. I would highly recommend.

Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray

I compared this to the infamous Oribe Dry Texturising spray in this post and I have to say this is my favourite by far. 
I use this like a dry shampoo on day 2 hair. If you have dark hair like me, you will know that dry shampoos always leave your hair looking ashy and dull. This is clear so doesn't do that at all and it revitalises my lank in need of a wash hair! I think this is a new staple for me.

MAC Harmony Blush

Somewhere under my cheek chub there may be some cheek bones but its unlikely we will find out anytime soon with Easter approaching mmmmm chocolate eggs. In the meantime this blush by MAC is the perfect colour for faking a bit of definition in that department.

Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Daily Calming Moisturiser

I love Yes To's philosophy on natural ingredients and am a massive fan of the brand. I have used this moisturiser in the past and its just a good, light, everyday moisturiser but the fact it contains 98% natural ingredients is what makes me love it.

L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara

When I first tried this mascara, I thought it was pretty good but wasn't wowed by it. I have been using it all month long and its well and truly won me over. I like that this gives volume and length but doesn't clump and lasts all day. Definitely worth a try.

Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight

Its an obsession that wont end. I bang on about this all the time but it is honestly the best highlighter I have ever used and lately I have been slapping so much of this stuff on I'm almost scared to go in the sunlight.

2 comments:

  1. that highlighter and blusher sound sooo nice! I still haven't tried anything from Kevyn Aucoin and that highlighter sounds like a great place to start! :)

    Great picks!

    lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried much from his range either, Im tempted to try the Sculpting Powder so if you try that first let me know!

      Delete