Sunday 16 February 2014

Living Proof Full Discovery Kit


I discovered Living Proof in Sephora last year and I'm not going to lie, having Jennifer Aniston as the face of the brand really suckered me in! When I got back to the UK I did some research and discovered that Jennifer wasn't just the spokesperson but she is also co-owner of the brand. Its one thing getting paid to advertise a product but actually putting your own money into a company says a lot.
This video gives you a bit more information on the brand and the different approach they take.

I have tried and loved their Prime Style Extender and was keen to try more from the brand. 
The Full Discovery Kit contains 4 travel sized products from the Full range, which are designed to give volume to flat, lifeless hair. In the UK you can buy Living Proof from Space NK and for £25 I think the kit is great value for money.

Full Shampoo and Conditioner - The shampoo and conditioner are the 2 products from the kit I wouldn't repurchase. Not because they were bad but I just don't love them enough to pay £21 for the full size. Out of all the volumising shampoos and conditioners I have tried, these are definitely the best. When I have used volumising shampoos in the past I have found them to be very drying but these didn't dry my hair out at all. However, used on their own, without the styling products the volume results weren't as noticeable.  

Full Thickening Cream - The cream and Root Lifting Spray were my 2 favourites out of the Full range. You apply a small amount of the Full Thickening Cream through towel dried hair and either leave your hair to dry naturally or blow dry. I tried both and the volume is definitely more noticeable if you use a hairdryer on your hair. This gave my hair volume but didn't feel sticky and didn't weigh my hair down at all, in fact it didn't even feel like I had anything in my hair. 

Full Root Lifting Spray - This was the one product in the kit that I wasn't bothered about, but it ended up being the star of the show. You spray 5-10 pumps of this, at the roots of your towel dried hair then dry as normal. No fancy blow drying required! This stuff is a miracle worker, you could see and feel the volume in my hair and I love that it gives volume at the roots where I need it most. I particularly liked using this at the front of my hair by my parting. I have a centre parting and my roots at the front tend to get quite lank. By spraying this right in the corners it gave me so much lift, you would have thought I had spent hours properly blow drying my hair (something that would never happen). 
I will definitely be buying the full size of this from Space NK.

I am a bit obsessed with Living Proof now and already eyeing up what I want to try next! 
I am desperate to try their Perfect Hair Day 5 in 1 Styling Treatment but its not available in the UK yet, so I'm thinking maybe the Restore Revitalising Spray or Satin Hair Serum
If you have tried any Living Proof products that you would recommend, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment