Monday 24 February 2014

5 Foundation Recommendations

Foundation is one of my favourite makeup products to try. I love finding new favourites and am always on the hunt for the perfect foundation. 

As I have tried so many I thought I would share with you 5 of my favourites.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation (My shade is B30)

My all time favourite foundation, third bottle and counting. You will like this if you don't like heavy feeling foundation and prefer a natural finish, with your skin showing through.

You wont like this if you like a heavy coverage, this doesn't cover blemishes, or if you like your foundation to be super long wearing. On me this lasts the working day but if I was to go out after work I would need some touching up!

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (My shade is Fiji)

The latest addition, but its quickly made its way into my favourites. Don't be fooled by the name though, this is not a sheer or glowy foundation. Sheer Glow is a medium coverage foundation with a satin finish.

You will love Sheer Glow if you prefer a bit more coverage, this will cover redness and some spots but you might still need concealer in some areas.  If you have oilier skin and need something with a bit more staying power. 

You wont like this if you prefer a natural looking base, as this does give quite a flawless finish so you can tell you are wearing foundation.

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation (My shade is Rose Beige R/C/K4)

I love this foundation but I haven't been able to wear it for ages as its my Summer colour and I am far too pale to wear it right now. This is a light to medium coverage foundation, it has slightly more coverage than Vitalumiere Aqua but you would need to use a concealer with it. This foundation gives your skin a real glow, without any shimmer or glitter but you will need to use a powder with it if you have combination/oily skin.

You won't love this if you prefer a heavier coverage or have oily skin, as this wont last long with your skin type. 

L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder, in the UK this is called Nude Magique Eau De Teint 
(My shade is Natural Buff 318 I believe this shade is only available in America)

I have sadly just used up the last drop of this foundation, which shows how much I enjoyed it. Like Lumi Magique this is a light to medium coverage foundation, which once applied dries to a powder finish.

You will love this foundation if again you prefer something lighter both in appearance and in texture. If you have oily skin and Lumi Magique is too glowy for you try this, as the powder finish is more long wearing.

You won't like this if you don't like getting messy! This foundation is extremely runny and the bottle doesn't come with a pump. If you have very oily skin this wont last as long on you and if you prefer a higher coverage this isn't the one for you either.

Dior Airflash Spray Foundation (My shade 300)

As you can tell, I generally prefer a lighter coverage foundation but Airflash is the exception to this. This is a high coverage foundation, this baby will cover anything and you definitely do not need a separate concealer. If you wanted to splash out on a foundation for a special occasion, this would be my recommendation.

You will love this if you want a flawless, airbrushed finish. You will also love this if you have oily skin, I find I don't even need to powder with this.

You wont love this if you like a natural finish or if you don't like to spend a lot of money on your foundation. Like the Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation this can also be a little messy. I like to spray it on the back of my hand before applying it on my face with a brush.

I always love trying new foundations so if you have any recommendations you think I would like, please let me know in the comments :)

2 comments:

  1. Great recommendations! I really need to get my hands on some of these :) I have the L'Oreal Lumi foundation and I love it, but I can never get it to last throughout the day...and I don't have oily skin! Any tips?

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I love the Lumi foundation as well, hmmm have you tried using a primer with it? x

      Delete