Thursday 20 February 2014

A Cheeky Little MAC Trip

I had 6 empty MAC containers, so of course a MAC trip was in order to exchange them for a lipstick. If you are not familiar with the 'Back to MAC' policy, then make sure you save your empty MAC containers from now on. Once you have 6 empty makeup products you can exchange them for any lipstick of your choice, pretty fab.

Of course I didn't just pick up my free lipstick and walk away! I didn't have anything in mind to buy, I didn't even know what lipstick I wanted. All three of these items were completely random purchases, but thats how I have found some of my very favourite MAC products. 

Folie Eyeshadow - I am always drawn to the eyeshadows at MAC, but when I see one I like I usually check the name and find out I already have it (clearly I have a makeup addiction!) For some reason Folie really stood out to me and I didn't own it already! Folie is a reddy/plum based dark brown, its quite unique and would look great with any eye colour.

Naked Pigment - I blame Keeping Up With The Kardashians for this (I know, I know, please don't judge me!) I was watching season 9 and Kim's makeup crept into shot. Honestly that family make me want to go and smother my face in makeup whenever I watch them! 
Anyway she had a lot of MAC pigments and it reminded me that I've always wanted to try Naked. For a pigment, Naked is pretty subtle. It has shimmer but its not crazy metallic like some of the other shades. This neutral shade looks really pretty in the inner corner of the eyes and I have been wearing this with Folie in the crease. 

Mehr Lipstick - I swatched so many lipsticks trying to find one I liked/wanted. As soon as I tried Mehr on my hand I knew it was the one for me. This is a matte finish (my favourite) but is the least drying matte lipstick I have ever tried. Its like a lip butter compared to Ruby Woo! This dark pink is my idea of an everyday lip colour and I can tell its going to be my new obsession! One of the best MAC lipsticks I have tried, both for the colour and the formulation.

I have been wearing my newest MAC purchases all over my face this week, so I will make sure to do a Face of the Day on the weekend!

Oh and I have just noticed MAC have their new collection online, A Fantasy of Flowers. Luckily nothing takes my fancy but let me know if you pick up anything!


4 comments:

  1. That lipstick shade is STUNNING! It's going to look great on you :) I haven't heard anything about it until now! I'll definitely check this one out the next time I'm shopping for MAC

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a feeling it may have been in a limited edition collection and then made permanent, of course I could just be making that up though! Xx

      Delete
  2. I've never seen that lipstick at Mac before, and I absolutly love it!!! I seriously need to check it out. Also it would be super cool if you checked out my blog too :D http://gaborillaa.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks! I bet it would look beautiful on you! Cool I will check out your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete