Saturday 20 April 2013

My Makeup Collection


So this is my 100th post on my blog. I don't know if anyone has even read 1 post let alone all 100 but I really love writing my blog and I will continue to blog even if its just for my pleasure :)

I wanted to mark my 100th post and I thought what better way then a makeup collection, show off the obnoxious amount of makeup I have! I really am quite ashamed that I have so much, I'm not even going to attempt to try to justify myself!

I apologise in advance as this post is picture heavy!

So I have the acrylic Muji storage drawers that a lot of people have but they really are great storage for your makeup. I like that you can see everything you have. I now have 2 sets of these drawers, before I kept some makeup in boxes and I completely forgot about what was in there!

I told you, I don't need any more foundations! I'll pick out a few to mention, the Shiseido Suncare Sun Protection Liquid Foundation will not budge that baby is waterproof. If you are a London commuter, this will be your best friend in the Summer. Its also great to take on holiday due to the high SPF and dinky packaging. The L'Oreal Lumi Magique has a beautiful finish and is a great drugstore foundation. 

Both the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer and Rachel K CC Cream are excellent primers. Pair these with the Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray and your makeup will last all day. Trust me, I have done all day at the office and gone straight out afterwards on a night out and this combination was a life saviour!

If you are interested in the Laura Mercier primer, they now do it in 30ml travel sizes which is the size I have. Don't waste your money buying the big one, 30ml is the same size as most foundations so will last you ages and saves you money!

OK, so this is powders and bronzers. As you can see I have 2 shades of my beloved Laura Mercier Loose Mineral Powder. I have Real Sand and Natural Beige. I'm almost out of Real Sand which is good timing as that's more my Winter colour.

I have the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant which I recently blogged about and am enjoying trying out. I have a couple of different bronzers waiting to be used when my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil finally runs out! The Revlon Nearly Naked Powder is good but if you are pale you will be stuck, that is the lightest colour they do and the picture is a pretty good representation of how dark it is!

Next drawer is powder blushes and highlights. As you can see I have my new NYX Red blush in there and one of my most favourite products the Dior Rosy Glow blush. A beautiful bright pink blush that I adore.

I love my cream blushes and seem to have accumulated quite a few. The Stila Convertible Colours are probably my favourite, with MAC Cream blushes. I have to give an honourable mention to NARS Cactus Flower, maybe I should do a top 5 blushes? Or top 10?!

I also have a couple of cream bronzers in here. Every time I go back to Soleil Tan de Chanel I'm reminded why I love it so. I'm actually on my second pot! Also the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Creme Blush in Fiji looks amazing when you are tanned. I will 100% be taking that bad boy on holiday with me this year!

I think this drawer could even make grown men cry, my Revlon Lip Butter collection. Let me just have a moment.........OK I'm done! My recommendations are Candy Apple, Wild Watermelon and Tutti Frutti.

I also have my favourite lip balms in here which are the Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip and Cheek Balms. These were recommended to me by a Beauty Editor when I was doing work experience and as soon as I got home I ordered one. If a Beauty Editor recommends you a product, you sit up and take notice!

Ahh the infamous Revlon Matte Strawberry Suede, every bit as amazing as you've heard!

So can you tell I'm a strictly neutral eyeshadow kinda girl! Just looking at this makes me happy! There are a lot of cream eye shadows in here as I much prefer cream shadows to powder.

OK honourable mentions Chanel Emmerville, Maybelline Colour Tattoo On and On Bronze, Burberry Almond, Nars Duos in Isolde and Portobello, oh and one more, MAC Prolongwear eyeshadow in One to Watch.





I hope there are some fellow True Blood fans out there who can appreciate my pint glass! I got this in the HBO store in New York, along with a Merlotte's key ring!



Mary and Jesus keeping watch over all my sacred treasures (Not at all judging my hoarding!)



Do you like my scratch off map of the world by the way? This was a present from my sister and her boyfriend and I love it. Although it makes me realise how little of the world I have seen. I have plans though, big plans and this September I will be going to Chicago, Memphis, San Diego and LA so I can do some scratching when I'm back!

This is my second set of Muji drawers, on the top I keep all my skincare bits, my amazing New York Tweezerman Tweezers and my saviour Urban Decay De Slick. By the way the Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel feels amazing!

The mug that contains all my eye and lip pencils says "60 years a Queen" before anyone gets any ideas!






This is possibly the cutest piece of makeup I will ever own. Years back Paul and Joe did a Disney collection and in here are some bronzer blush ball things which I have never used but lets be honest I didn't buy this to use it! Paul and Joe please do another Disney collection if you read this!




The next 2 drawers contain all my lip products and I have to be honest, these are so unorganised!






This drawer is more blushes, these are generally more Winter appropriate colours and ones I wont be reaching for as often. Have to mention MAC's The Perfect Cheek blush. This was released with the Marilyn collection and I have only recently stopped using it. Its the most beautiful, natural blush. If MAC ever re-release it make sure you check it out!






























I'm not gonna lie this drawer is an absolute shambles of excess stuff that wont fit anywhere else! Note my back ups of MAC's Opulash mascara!










These are my eye shadow palettes, I have some from Kat Von D's Line for Sephora, a really old Dior palette which I would never get rid of. I have also have some Luna Twilight palettes which are actually really nice!




More Kat Von D palettes, A MAC Wonder Woman palette that I don't really use any more, a Louise Young palette which contains the most pigmented black eyeshadow you have ever seen and some Chanel quads which I love.

In my classy Little Mermaid mug I keep all the brushes I use on a daily basis along with all my essentials that I use every day no matter what. It just makes it easier having them all to hand.


So in here I have my eyebrow stuff, Lingering and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel, my mascara's and my NARS eyeshadow primer.





Then in the rest of the cabinet I have my skincare, bodycare, haircare stuff. There's nothing really exciting in here to report, a lot of E45!

The white boxes contain all my nail polishes. I just had a major nail polish clear out and got rid of a whole box! Its like I have a disease!


I wont bore you with all the boxes but Ill just show you my most organised (well the only organised) box. This one contains all my OPI's!


So there you have it, please don't judge me! I know I love watching makeup collection videos on YouTube, I don't know what it is about them! While I'm sharing so much with you I thought I would also share one of my most treasured possessions. My best friend bought me this for my birthday a few years ago.....a signed photo of Xander from Buffy! Can you spot it? I am a complete Buffy NERD I have the entire boxset and I reckon I have watched every episode at least 10 times each except Becoming Parts 1 and 2 is probably nearing 100 views! So there you have it, all my dirty secrets exposed!



3 comments: