Monday 8 April 2013

Houglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Radiant Light

I was chomping at the bit to get my hands on one of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders and they are finally available in the UK, oh yeaaah.

I'm sure you have heard about these but if you haven't, Hourglass have released these new powders which are available in 6 shades all designed to create different lighting effects (skip to the end). These powers are not setting powders, so they won't control oil and are designed to be more of a finishing powder. Definitely something to bare in mind if you have oily skin, as you will still need to set your makeup with your normal powder.

I chose Radiant Light, which is the darkest of all six powders. Radiant Light is described as a"golden beige" and I would say that is a pretty accurate description. I was a little worried having not seen these in person that Radiant Light would be too dark for me, but these are quite sheer so I didn't have a problem.

Here is a heavy swatch of Radiant Light on the back of my hand. Once blended out on the skin with a powder brush you really don't notice much of a colour, it just brings more warmth to my skin.

I only got this on Saturday so I definitely need more time to play around with it. When I first applied it I cant say I particularly noticed it on my skin. Although I was hesitant, I have found that I need to be a little more heavy handed then I initially thought. What I've also found is that you can build this powder up quite nicely, it doesn't get too shimmery or glittery, which was my another one of my inital concerns, just make sure you are using a large-ish fluffy brush when applying.

Like I said this isn't a setting powder, which for me is a bit of a bummer as I do find this doesn't have the best lasting power on my skin. I still use my Laura Mercier Mineral Powder underneath. The good thing though is its easy to build up, so it would be easy enough to touch up during the day (unless you're lazy like me!)

All in all I do really like it, I love warm colours so Radiant Light was definitely the best colour for me and I think it compliments the rest of my makeup nicely. I'm looking forward to playing around with it more and maybe using a primer to extend the wear time. Is it a necessity, no. Its a nice thing to treat yourself and splurge on but you don't need to rush out and buy this. I also would say just pick one powder, I dont think this is a Pokemon gotta catch them all situation.

I purchased mine from Space NK for £38.00 (Another reason why you don't need to rush out and buy this!)









No comments:

Post a Comment