Monday 17 November 2014

Catch Up

I have been a seriously bad blogger of late. Starting a new job and the minimal hours of daylight we currently have don't help but I wont make excuses! 

I have got lots of new posts lined up but I thought I would start with a catch up post because October was a busy month.


It was fun to help out at the Cosmo Blog awards and meet some fellow bloggers. I also got to try these temporary foil tattoos by Seekers of Sun. I really love how they look and I actually had a lot of people asking me where I had it done. Only downside is that they really don't last longer than two days. 
You can try these yourself at home as they are available from Missguided.




Some unimpressed Pugs came to visit us at work and I hear a rumour that there might be some micro pigs visiting tomorrow! *squeal*

I also got to go to an early preview of the Dark Arts exhibition at the Harry Potter Studio tour in Watford. I have been to the tour before and loved it, so I was really excited to go again. 
The highlight of the evening was that Simon Pegg was also in attendance! I am a massive Spaced fan so seeing him in person was a real *aahhhh* moment! I wish I had got a picture with him but he disappeared before I plucked up the courage to ask :(



Although I'm two years away from turning thirty, I couldn't resist an invitation to a Disney Christmas party! The best thing was buying my friend a massive Lots o' Huggin' bear! 



Now this might seem sad to you but my most exciting moment of the month was seeing my name in print!



Which makes getting crushed outside Oxford Circus every night worth it!

It was also my birthday last month and I turned 28. It was a pretty quiet affair with some drinks and a proper pub roast dinner on the Sunday to feed our hangovers. 

This birthday didn't scare me because after a very difficult year, things are finally starting to turn around.  My twenties haven't been great to be honest, I loved my early twenties but from mid twenties onwards I was just hopelessly lost. I finally feel like I am finding myself again (as cheesy as that sounds).

To celebrate turning 28 I got my hair done after not colouring it for over two years! I was pretty much completely back to my natural colour so I didn't want to do anything drastic. All I did was have some very subtle ombre highlights put in. I didn't want to damage my hair by using bleach so the results are very subtle but I'm really happy with it. As I get older I'm definitely favouring the more natural look, compared to years of dying my hair every colour under the sun!



And I promise I will be back to regular blogging from now on! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your swatches!

    helped me a lot :)

    www.blogvivalavida.com

    ReplyDelete