Wednesday 19 November 2014

Birthday Treats

As I mentioned in my last post, I have now turned the ripe old age of 28...how did I get so old?! I had such lovely presents that I just wanted to share them on here. My family and friends really spoilt me and what was really lovely is that I didn't ask for anything, so these were all surprises <3

Dior Star Foundation

Now normally my Brother gets my present from Tesco the night before my birthday because he has forgotten but this time he came up trumps!
 I had read so many good reviews about the Dior Star foundation and I couldn't wait to try it.
I haven't been using this for long enough to give it a full review but i will say that the coverage is lighter than I expected, but as I don't like heavy foundations that's not a bad thing.

Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil in "Champagne Diamonds" for Blue Eyes

Charlotte Tilbury has a corresponding eyeshadow pencil for every eye colour, each designed to emphasise and make your eyes 'pop'. This champagne colour is absolutely beautiful and has some serious glitter packed in it. I love how easy these are to use and they also last all day.

Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in "Bitch Perfect"

My first Charlotte Tilbury lipstick, although do you think my friends were trying to tell me something with the name ;) 

MAC Lipstick in "Nouvelle Vogue"

This is a limited edition shade from MAC but if you hurry you can still find it on counters. My friend Chloe is obsessed with this colour and told me it was the perfect day time, neutral pink and I always trust her opinion when it comes to lipsticks!

Whistles Rosmead Foldover Chain Clutch

I have wanted this bag for so long so it was such a lovely surprise to open this on my birthday. I am in love with this bag but I am just petrified about getting it dirty or staining it, because its suede! Does anyone know if you can spray suede bags to protect them like you would shoes?

Whistles Medium Stingray Clutch

Not one but two Whistles bags, I was well and truly spoilt! You have to see this clutch in person because the pictures really don't do it justice. The stingray leather sparkles in the light, you would think that it was embellished. I know this will be my Christmas party bag, its so classic but I love the modern twist with the Stingray effect. I really have never seen anything like it.

Now I may have turned 28 but childlike fan girl tendencies remain as strong as ever, hence the shirtless Alcide from True Blood figure. My current dilemma is should I keep this at home, or take it to work and keep it on my desk, I just cannot decide! Oh and course Sons of Anarchy Season 6!

As I knew my Mum was going to New York in November I did ask her to bring me something back from Sephora as a present but she also surprised me with this beautiful rose gold chain from Monica Vinader. I cant decide whether to keep it plain or buy a pendant to go on it. 

Lastly I got some candles, its a definite sign of getting old when you love to receive a good smelling candle!

No comments:

Post a Comment