Wednesday 29 May 2013

The Essentials

Although I am the first to admit I am an absolute beauty whore there are some products and beauty tools that I am extremely loyal to. These are things I use on a daily basis without even thinking about it. These items are so ingrained in my beauty routine that I never even think to blog about them, but I think its finally time I gave these little beauties the attention they deserve!

First up, the tools of the trade!

Tangle Teezer - I know how much I love my Tangle Teezer when I cant find it and the thought of using a normal hair brush fills me with dread. The first place I look is my little brothers room! Yes he is also a big fan and the fact that he has 2 of his own still doesn't stop him taking mine! So now I have 2 Tangle Teezers just in case, actually I have 3 but one is a travel one so surely that doesn't count?! If you have long hair I cannot recommend this enough, brushes through tangles so easily and painlessly. Would also be great if you have children who hate having their hair brushed. Definitely not a gimmick.

Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush - Since I got this for my Birthday last October I have not used any other brushes for my bronzer. As well as feeling so soft, the wide brush head applies just the right amount of bronzer and blends beautifully. I have had no shedding with this brush and although its pricey I definitely see it as an investment. I really should check out more of Bobbi Browns brushes.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush - I tend to favour cream blushes over powder and the Real Techniques Stippling Brush is the best brush to apply them with. As they are synthetic they are easy to clean and dry easily. Also at £10.99 this brush is an absolute bargain and nothing comes close to it in terms of quality.

Tweezerman Tweezers - Simply put the best tweezers ever! I'm sure we have all been there, trying to unsuccessfully pluck that one eyebrow hair with a crappy pair of tweezers out a cracker. Don't let that be you, get some Tweezerman tweezers you will not regret it. Plus I absolutely adore the New York design on mine.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers - Like Tweezerman's these are a cult beauty tool for a reason and I think I can safely say the best eyelash curlers. I have had my silver pair for at least 8 years and I just bought the gold pair. This was a completely unnecessary purchase, but what can I say I was gutted when I missed out on the gold version the first time around!

Fluffy Eyeshadow Blending Brushes - Where was I before I discovered these! When I was studying makeup at college the eyeshadow blending brushes we had were so scratchy, verging on painful. When I discovered these, I would call it life changing! I have a few favourites, the Sigma E25, MAC 217, MAC 224. Pick up anyone of these and it will completely change the way you apply eyeshadow.

 Now onto the products!

Urban Decay De-Slick Make up Setting Spray - I spray this all over my face before I apply my makeup and again when I have finished my makeup. Before I discovered this, I would look in the mirror at lunchtime and my makeup would have completely disappeared from the middle of my face! Not really the look anyone wants! Since discovering this my makeup lasts all day until I remove it at night. Its love and I'm now on my third bottle!

Moroccanoil - When it comes to haircare I like to keep things simple, really simple! Its very rare for me to even dry my hair and this is the only product I use in my hair. This has completely changed the texture of my hair, I no longer have frizzy dry ends. I use this every single time I wash my hair, just one pump rubbed through the ends.

Laura Mercier Mineral Loose Powder - This is one product that I have raved about a lot on my blog already so I will simply say its my favourite powder.

Seche Vite Top Coat - How did I get by before I discovered Seche Vite, that's what I want to know! I refuse to use any other top coat now. My nails are dry within 15 minutes and I mean dry enough to actually do things with your hands! Plus its so shiny, I often get questions if my nails are gel! I will never, ever be without this! If they stopped making it I really don't know what I would do!

CND Solar Oil - This is a nail and cuticle conditioner which I swipe on my cuticles after Ive painted my nails. This stops my cuticles getting too dry and I also think it helps extend the wear time of my polish. I use this every time I paint my nails and I'm almost at the end of my bottle. I also love the packaging of this, its really convenient and non messy.

 MAC Lingering Eyebrow Pencil - Like my Laura Mercier powder, I rave on and on about my love affair with Lingering but I just cant help it! This fills my brows in but leaves them looking natural which is exactly what I want. The nib is so tiny that you can draw in actual brow hairs and it wont look like you coloured your eyebrows in with a marker pen! I constantly have a back up of this because if it runs out I panic!

Givenchy Hydra Sparking Magic Lip and Cheek Balm - These little pots are my babies! Without a doubt my favourite lip balms, they are so moisturising and the colour is gorgeous. I have these in my handbag at all times. The orange shade was a limited edition but the pink shade is available all year round. I wish they would make a red one of these, I have already planned that if they do I will buy at least 10! I hope someone from Givenchy is reading this!





























I would love to hear some of your beauty essentials :)

No comments:

Post a Comment