Monday 27 May 2013

Face Of The Day With Diorskin Nude BB Creme








First of all can I just say, screw you super fast BT broadband! Its been a long month but I'm back to blogging and I have missed it :) To make up for my internet woes I'm going to try and post everyday for the next month, so lets see how that goes!

I thought I would ease myself in gently with a face of the day and these are actually my favourite posts to do.














I started off spraying Urban Decay's De-Slick makeup setting spray all over my face, this has been a life saviour this month as the weather gets warmer and my skin shinier!

I wanted a lighter coverage so I used the Diorskin Nude BB Creme all over, blended in with my fingers. Like everyone else I saw Lisa Eldridge recommend this and unashamedly plonked my chubby flat arse right on that band wagon. I haven't used it enough to give a full review yet.......

Powder wise I went with my ye old faithful Laura Mercier Loose Mineral Powder in Real Sand, no surprises there!

To try and brighten my ever darkening under eye circles I used the MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost. This is a very yellow toned concealer which I like as it helps cancel out redness. Also this concealer does not crease on me at all, so happy days!

For bronzer I used the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil. I'm starting to think this bronzer is never ending! I have been using it non stop but it just wont go!

My blush is another favourite, NYX's Red. I love this blush and would really recommend checking out NYX blushes if you haven't already. Amazingly pigmented, long lasting and an absolute bargain!

Now its a bit sunnier I have started reaching for my cream highlighters again, MAC's Cream Colour Base in Hush is a lovely warm colour which looks more natural on my skin then Pearl.

I then spray my face again with the Urban Decay De Slick, double lockdown!





























Eyebrow wise I used my staples, MAC's Lingering and Illamasqua's Brow and Lash Gel. Its hard for me not to talk about these two in every post, but honestly they are amazing and every time I use them I just love them! If you want to thicken your brows but keep them looking natural, stop what you are doing and go and try these!

NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow base is another must have. This makes my eyeshadow last all day and I like that once its blended in it just disappears. Its easy to blend eyeshadow over it and it doesn't change the colour of the eyeshadow you are putting on top.

For eyes I used Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in "My 2 Cents" this is my favourite shade of colour, a coppery brown. I always reach for these shades as they bring out my eyes....if I do say so myself! On top I used the lighter golden colour from the NARS Isolde duo, another one of my favourites!

I cant believe Ive used 2 Benefit products in one post and I really like them both! I am not drawn to Benefit as a brand, I find their products to be quite gimmicky and overpriced but I have to hand it to them, this mascara is really good. Now ignore the picture on the packet it wont make your lashes look anything like that, but it will define every single on of your lashes, therefore making your lashes look fuller. The torture ball end is also great for getting the outer corner lashes. This is a mini tube which was free with this months Elle magazine and I have loved it so much Ive already gone out and purchased the full size tube.

After using that expensive mascara I thought I would keep things cheap and simple with my lips and went with Miners Tin O Tint in Cherry. I love this little pot of tinted lip balm.



























For a change I thought I would include my nail polish as well. I'm wearing Rimmel's Rose Libertine which is probably the prettiest, girliest nail polish you will find me wearing! This is another beauty bargain and Ive worn this all week with no chips, brilliant!


No comments:

Post a Comment