Saturday 5 November 2011

Models Own Beetle Juice Collection Swatches


On Tuesday Models Own released their much anticipated new Beetle Juice collection. After seeing the promo pictures online way back I was really excited to try these. Models Own are currently running an offer on their website where you can buy all 5 polishes for £18



The colours look really beautiful in the bottles and in sunlight. I received these on Thursday but had to wait till the weekend to take pictures as its now pitch black by the time I get home from work in the week :(



From left to right around the fingers: Aqua Violet, Golden Green, Purple Blue, Pinky Brown and Emerald Black.



Like I said these look beautiful in the bottles but I have to admit I am a bit disappointed. On the nails they look a bit flat (unless your holding your hand up in front of direct sunlight!) and I feel like there's nothing particularly exciting or new about these colours. I feel like I have seen them all before. Golden Green reminds me of Chanel Peridot which I also own and don't like either! Purple Blue I feel like I have seen a 100 times (MAC Formidabble, Orly Galaxy Girl to name a few) Pinky Brown is a nice colour and if you missed MAC's Bad Fairy then I would recommend this as a good dupe.

If like me you picked up the Nail Polishes in the MAC Venomous Villains collection I would recommend skipping this collection. 2 of the colours from Beetle Juice are dupes as I mentioned above and the MAC ones have more sparkle and duochrome.

Looking at these pictures and then looking at my nails makes me sad. I wonder if I could pay someone to hold a torch under my nails whenever I wear them! If you don't own any other duochrome polishes then I think you would like these but for those of us with a duchrome love I think you will find yourself itching for some colour combos you haven't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment