Saturday 19 November 2011

The Beauty Graveyard


As well as buying far too many make up and beauty products these past few months, I have also been using them up at a range of knots, which is something that strangely gives me great pleasure and a strange feeling of satisfaction!


Lee Stafford Treatment for hair that never grows past a certain length x 2! - I love love love this stuff it truly is holy grail for me and I cannot be without it. As soon as this ran out I had to go and buy a new one the next day. Its quite pricey, £7.99 in Boots but they often do 3 for 2 offers on the Lee Stafford range so you can get a good deal. I'm sure you can tell by the name what this stuff is supposed to do and I honestly believe it works, i genuinely have seen quite a difference in my hair length and a real improvement in the condition of my hair.
You use this in between shampoo and conditioner. I use this every time I wash my hair without fail. I must have used 6 tubs of the stuff by now. Run to Boots and try this!


The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter - This smells deeeelicious, when I use it you can actually smell it from all the way downstairs. I love it but I think The Body Shop Body Butters are ridiculously expensive at £12.50! For that reason its not an everyday type moisturiser.


James Brown London Scandalous Rock Chick Wave Spray - In short a sea salt spray. I adore the packaging on James Brown's Scandalous range I think its gorgeous but there's definitely some things they can improve. The spray on this was utterly crap, instead of spraying out a fine mist it just spurted out big drips of product so it was horrible to apply and made my hair feel knotty and crispy. I can't really give a true review on the actual formula of the spray because of this but I wouldn't bother repurchasing because theres a lot of sea salt sprays out there which I'm sure work a lot better.


Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo for Mid Brown hair - I very rarely use dry shampoo now after I had quite a horrific experience with it. All I will say is make sure you rub it in thoroughly at the back of your head and if you have dark hair use a coloured powder like this one. I really like Lee Stafford's range and again I would recommend his dry shampoos. There are 3 colours, normal, mid brown and dark all available in Boots


Johnson's Baby Moisturising Cream - I will admit I just got this because I wanted to smell as sweet as a baby! Quite a nice moisturiser though ;)


bnatural Sleep time Pillow Spray - I swear this stuff gave me the most vivid dreams whenever I used it! Honestly since stopping using it I cant even remember my dreams. I wouldn't buy this again because it freaked me out a bit but if you want to give it a try I got it from Sainsbury's! Good luck......


Cherry Pop Lip Shine - You will never guess where I got this lip balm from...Tesco's, in the children's party bag section for £1 and I actually really liked it. 1 - 0 to me then.


Chanel Bronze Universal or Chanel Soleil tan de Chanel - If you are an avid beauty blog reader or YouTube watcher then you know all about Chanel's cream bronzer. It gets mixed reviews some love it, some hate it. When I first got this I was unsure it was kind of orangey and I just couldn't seem to get it to work but once you master it (I personally think its all in the brush and I loved to apply it with a Body Shop Kabuki brush) then you fall in love. I really debated repurchasing this but I decided to give it a break for a while and use up some other products but I will definitely be buying this again. In fact writing this mini review is making me want it now! Argh I'm a bad influence on myself!


Waitrose Essential 3 in 1 Facial Cleansing Wipes - The best budget make up wipes out there. I don't think I'm the only one who's noticed this either as whenever they are on offer in my local Waitrose they always sell out!


MAC Shell Cream Colour Base - I love cream colour bases for highlighters, I wouldn't really use them for anything else as I don't think they are long wearing enough for the eye area. I guess if you got the right colour they would make a nice cream blush but anyway I just use them for a highlight. Shell is a lovely pinky colour with shimmer. I'm really trying to avoid using the description frosty pink here because no one wants to hear that but if I said a good frosty pink would you believe me? Probably not! Anyway this makes a lovely highlighter and I would recommend!


Chanel No5 Eau Premiere - This was released as the modern, younger and lighter version of the classic No5. It is a lovely comforting smell, kind of like wrapping yourself up in a warm blanket and giving yourself a cuddle. Sometimes you need a perfume like that!


Juicy Couture, Couture Couture perfume - I think I got that right! Probably not the best perfume if you like the bottle more then the actual scent!

1 comment:

  1. love this post, so off to buy that pillow spray now for some cracked out dreams! Also I love love LOVE the body shops body butters, they smell so yummy! By the way, what sea salt spray would you recommend, I have tried a few but they have all been crap xxx

    ReplyDelete