Saturday 23 May 2015

Two New Discoveries

There are two new makeup launches that I instantly fell in love with from the first use and have been wearing every day ever since.

Charlotte Tilbury's hotly anticipated Norman Parkinson collection has caused quite the stir and its easy to see why when you look at the packaging. 
Sun Tan and Sun Light is the new cream contour palette from the collection. When I first saw it in the pan, I really wasn't sure if this would work for me. The contour colour looked quite dark and the highlight seemed like it would be too gold and warm for my skin tone, but after I tried it I fell in love.

I apply this with a synthetic brush and it blends beautifully, it gives a lovely sheer wash of colour, which you can build up if needed. I personally don't use it as contour but more as an all over bronzer and highlight. I don't have the original powder version of the  Filmstar Bronze and Glow to compare it too but I really love this version and think it will look stunning on tanned skin in the summer.

Next, the new Dior Nude Air foundation. This year I've used two Dior bases which are personal favourites for me, Dior Star and the Dior BB Cream. I was never a big Dior fan before, but after discovering how much I love their foundations, I'm definitely converted. 

Nude Air has a similar formula to Giorgio Armani's Maestro and L'oreal's Magique Nude. Super runny consistency, light coverage which melts into the skin and leaves a velvety/powder like finish. I personally love these foundations as they look natural, feel lightweight but provide a good level of coverage. 

This has a dropper applicator and I find this works best by dispensing the foundation directly onto my face from the pipette. I don't use a brush, I simply blend in with my finger tips and work section by section around my face. This melts into the skin and leaves my skin looking radiant. 

I really am enjoying this foundation, the only thing I would say is that it's not the most long lasting foundation and if I was going out after work I would definitely need to touch up. 

Two new launches definitely worth splashing the cash for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment