Sunday 17 May 2015

Face of the Day with NARS Outer Limits Eyeshadow


At the beginning of the month I mentioned that I was having a slight love affair with peachy toned makeup, so I thought I would slap it all on and do a Face of the Day!

Face

Illuminator
Dior Nude Glow Natural Glow Complexion Enhancer
I like to use this underneath my foundation to give my skin a radiance boost. I'm pretty sure this has  been discontinued by Dior, but either way there are a lot of similar glow boosting primers out there. 

Foundation
Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme
This and the Smashbox BB Cream are the only BB creams I can say I really like. The Dior one is a winner for me because it has an almost powdery finish. I find other BB creams are just too wet or greasy, but this actually dries down on the skin and has a satin finish. I would highly recommend trying this if you like your base on the lighter side.

Corrector
Giorgio Armani Skin Master Corrector (Shade 1)
Don't buy this, buy the Bobbi Brown corrector instead, so much better.

Concealer
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
A good, heavy duty concealer, works well when teamed with a lighter coverage base.

Bronzer
Chanel Soleil tan de Chanel
A rediscovery that I have really been enjoying. This cream bronzer does require a good bit of blending to avoid orange stripes, but if you have the patience it really is worth it. You can really fake a natural, tanned glow with this. 

Blusher
MAC Mineralize Blush in New Romance
This is a blusher and a highlight in one, yaaaas! I am having a bit of a love affair with MAC Mineralize blushers at the moment, although I really hate the new packaging (wah)

Powder
Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder
I moan about this powder every time but I'm just not a fan. Its kinda ashy and can completely take the glow out of your makeup, even when applied sparingly.


Eyes

Eyebrows
Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil in Grey and L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Dark Brunette
The L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper is a staple for me but I can't say the same for the Bobbi Brown brow pencil. I mentioned before that I like it, but it only lasted me a month. You just can't part me from my Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil.

Eyeshadow 
Bourjois Colorband 2-in-1 Eyeshadow and Liner in Rose Fauviste and NARS Outer Limits Shimmer Eyeshadow
Now you know how much I love a good cream eyeshadow stick but sadly I don't think these Bourjois ones are anything to write home about. The colours don't wow me, the texture is OK but they are a bit sheer, in general I'm pretty 'meh' when it comes to these, but they do work as a base underneath a powder eyeshadow. 
This new NARS shadow from the Christopher Kane collection remains the most beautiful eyeshadow I have ever laid my eyes on. Its a glittery, peachy/rose gold colour and it gives serious sparkle.

Mascara
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
This week I came this close to just throwing this Too Faced mascara in the bin, I just can't deal with the flaking. Honestly by mid afternoon I start to get little black specks of mascara underneath my eyes and by the end of the day its full on Uncle Fester mode. Now its dried out a bit I can say that I really like the volume and length it gives my lashes, but if it won't stay on my eyes, its useless! 
Its now been relegated to the Sunday mascara, because I hate Sundays.

Lips

Lip Liner
Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Tawny
I bought this lip liner in a Walgreens in Chicago for $1.99 (actually I bought two) and it is by far my favourite out of all the ones I own. Its really creamy, doesn't dry your lips out and the colour is the perfect nude. I'm going to Seattle in October and will be bulk buying more! 

Lipstick
MAC Kinda Sexy Lipstick
I had this lipstick many moons ago but somehow managed to lose it. I was in MAC recently and on a whim decided to buy it again. I'm so glad I did because I just love this matte peach shade. Its quite a muted shade but gives just the right amount of colour.


1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! The peachiness of the eyeshadow really makes your eyes pop :)

    ReplyDelete