Tuesday 5 May 2015

April Favourites

Since I've been making a conscious effort to use up more makeup, I feel like my monthly favourites are becoming more and more boring, but I never want to include things that I haven't consistently used all month. 

This month its a bit of a mixture of old favourites and new discoveries. 

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel 

Ahh the infamous Bronze Universel, one of those cult beauty blogger items. This is a cream bronzer which is notoriously tricky to work with. Half the battle is finding the right brush to use with it. Personally I really like the Real Techniques Blush Brush, its synthetic so perfect for cream products and   not too dense. Applied right, this gives such a beautiful, healthy bronzed glow. 

MAC Mineralize Blush in New Romance

From a rediscovery to a new discovery. I really do love the MAC Mineralize blushes, as they act as a blusher and a highlight in one. New Romance is a pretty peach colour, perfect for Summer. 
Word of caution with these blushers though, a little goes a long way. 

Essie Nail Polish in Stones 'n Roses

I mentioned this polish in my last post, so I won't bore you all again but safe to say I have been loving this 60's style peach colour.

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre

A trip to Boots these days is becoming more and more dangerous. They have started stocking more new and cult brands, that its now almost impossible to just go in for one thing. I have heard a lot about this moisturiser, so when I spotted it in Boots I decided to try it. 
When it comes to moisturisers I tend to be very picky, as I hate anything that feels too heavy. This feels light but hydrating on the skin and isn't at all greasy. I can't say I have noticed any skincare benefits yet, but at the moment I am just enjoying using this.

Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Champagne Diamonds

I have a bit of an obsession with cream eyeshadow sticks and out of all the ones I've tries, these Charlotte Tilbury ones are easily the most glittery. Champagne Diamonds is a gold colour with actual visible chunks of glitter. I prefer the By Terry Ombre Blackstar's to these but I do love how sparkly these look on the eyes.

2 comments:

  1. i love that brush! It is amazing and I use it everyday!

    Annie| DrugstoreDreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have fallen back in love with it, sad that I left it neglected for so long :'( xx

      Delete