Tuesday 10 March 2015

Project Pan Update 2

I mentioned in this post that I was going to make a conscious effort to buy less makeup and use up more of what I own. 

I have to admit that at this point I am struggling with this challenge! I love playing around with my makeup so using the same products day in, day out is really difficult for me and boredom has most definitely set in now! The struggle is real :'(

I am persevering through and have managed to use up another six makeup products this month. 
Every time I finish something, it gives me the motivation I need to carry on!

Here is everything I used up this month, its pretty scary how quickly it adds up!

MAC Prep & Prime CC Compact £20.50
I had a love/hate relationship with this powder. It kept me shine free all day and I liked how it looked on my skin but the formula was so hard that I really had to scrub my brush in it, to pick up any powder. Not one I would repurchase. 

Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Creme £30.00
This is one of my biggest makeup disappointments ever. Its not a bad under eye concealer, it just doesn't do much of anything. Doesn't provide much coverage, doesn't highlight and just disappears into the skin. Really not worth the £30.00 price tag. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19
From a £30.00 concealer that I hated, to a £4.19 one that I loved. This concealer is amazing, definitely worth all the hype it gets. It gives great coverage and lasting power, all for under a fiver.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 'Boy' £25.00
My only Chanel lipstick would you believe! This is a lovely sheer, natural colour. Its nothing revolutionary and there are definitely dupes out there but there is something special about a Chanel lipstick. 

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in 'Misty Rock' £29.00
Possibly my favourite ever cream shadow. These Ombre Blackstar's are pricey but well worth the money in my opinion. They are super shimmery but in a sophisticated way and I love how they look almost glossy on the lids. They are also so easy to use, just colour in your whole eyelid and blend out. Looks like you made an effort, when you really haven't! I will definitely add this back into my makeup collection in the future.

Luna Twilight Bella Palette £19.00
No, really this is a Bella from Twilight themed makeup palette! I have mentioned before that I get quite obsessed with actresses makeup in films and could literally spend hours researching exactly what the makeup artists used. New Moon is by far my favourite Twilight film and one of the reasons was Bella's hair and makeup. Everything was so warm toned and glowy (Jacobs influence!)
All jokes aside, I actually loved this little palette and all the colours were so wearable which never happens! Don't tell anyone but I actually have a back up ;)

Total used up makeup = £127.69!

Ahh the satisfaction I get from looking at this bag of used up makeup! 

1 comment:

  1. very late but i had to post this. I'm currently looking for this sort of material to give me the inspiration to keep going. thank you!

    ReplyDelete