Sunday 8 March 2015

February Favourites

Its a short but sweet favourites post this month. 

As you know, I have been making a conscious effort to use up some of my makeup. Which means I have been wearing the same lipstick, foundation, concealer etc for weeks on end. 
I only ever want to include true favourites in these posts, so its a very select edit this month.

Mad Men - The Final Season Part 1

There are so many things I love about Mad Men. Having watched it from the beginning, I have loved the subtle changes each season with the sets and costumes, taking us from the 50's to the late 60's where this season is set. I also love that each season is very reflective of the current affairs at that time. This season addresses gay rights, the Moon landing, the introduction of computers. I just find it fascinating, the late 60's and 70's were such an exciting time which Mad Men portrays so well. 
If like me you often feel disillusioned with our generation, Mad Men is a welcome escape.


Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

I have to give it to Benefit, they make good mascaras (except Badgal lash!) 
I was super impressed by Roller Lash, it really gave a curl to my lashes and I love the doe eyed effect it leaves. Although this does seem to be a very polarising mascara, you either love it like me, or hate it!


Essie Not Just a  Pretty Face Nail Polish

You know you're getting old when you start gravitating towards natural coloured nail polish. I haven't reached for a bright nail polish in months, I don't know if this is just a phase or whether I should just collect my free bus pass and Max Factor pancake makeup now and be done with it. 
'Not Just a Pretty Face' is my latest nail colour obsession and I've already got a pretty big dip in the bottle from using it all month long. This is such a pretty but flattering nude colour. I love that its slightly peachy toned, which is much more flattering colour for me than baby pinks. I apply two coats and although its not completely opaque, this just gives me really healthy looking natural nails.


MAC Cremeblend Blush in Something Special

This was a rediscovery which I dug out my drawers at the beginning of the month and its been on my cheeks ever since. This peachy pink just gives the prettiest glow to my cheeks without screaming BLUSHER! If you know what I mean ;) I'm so happy that MAC reformulated their cream blushes a few years ago. They used to be very sticky and would leave a horrible tacky finish on your skin but now they are lovely and smooth with no stickiness!


Hotel Chocolat Salted Caramel Puddles

Aka middle class crack. Sorcery for your tongue, these puddles are truly addictive. I'm salivating just thinking about them...of course this bag is long gone! Salted caramel really should be made a class A drug #justsayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment