Sunday 7 December 2014

Face of the Day with Dior Star Foundation


Last month I was changing my makeup on an almost daily basis, this month I have been pretty much sticking to this look everyday. Sometimes its nice just to use your tried and tested, favourite products, that you know you love.

Face

Foundation
Dior Star

This foundation has really grown on me. Initially I was unsure as it wasn't what I expected. 
I was expecting a high coverage, flawless finish but the coverage is actually a lot lighter. Its a medium coverage foundation, which has a very natural demi matte finish. 

Concealer
Bobbi Brown Corrector, Josie Maran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

I use the Bobbi Brown corrector on my dark circles with the Josie Maran crayon on top to brighten. The crayon is too creamy for any spot concealing, so this is where the Collection concealer comes in. 

Powder
Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro Powder

Very sad to say I have finally finished this powder :( This was the best powder I had ever found, it felt like velvet, provided a little bit of extra coverage and kept me shine free all day. I feel bereft now its gone!

Blush 
MAC The Perfect Cheek Blush

This was released in MAC's Marilyn collection a few years ago and is no longer available, but I have heard that MAC's Cubic is almost identical and in their permanent line. 
This is one of my all time favourite blushes because its so easy to wear and is perfect for the whole 90s makeup revival that is going on right now.

Highlight
Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight

Reunited and it feels so good! My favourite highlighter, gives you a serious but natural glow.

Eyes

Eyebrows
Soap & Glory Archery in Brownie Points and L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper

As well as my powder, I have now also finished this Soap & Glory eyebrow pencil. If you are looking for a cheap eyebrow pencil this is the only one I would recommend and although I have gone back to my beloved Hourglass pencil, I would definitely purchase this again in the future.

Eyeshadow
By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock

This eyeshadow is just a fail safe for me, you cant go wrong. Its so quick to apply, I literally just colour in my whole eyelid and then blend the edges. It takes no effort or time but I always get lots of compliments and I just love the metallic mauve/taupe colour. 

Mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Flashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

My favourite mascara combination, doesn't smudge, budge or flake.

Lips

Lip liner
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk

This is a very natural shade, perfect for adding fullness to your lips. The colour would work well all over the lips but when I tried this, I actually found it to be quite drying and after about an hour found myself frantically searching for lip balm! 

Lipstick
MAC Lipstick in Bad Girl RiRi

Another discontinued MAC item, sorry but I just love this brown taupey nude. If you don't have this but want to try something similar, try MAC's Velvet Teddy which is another favourite of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment