Friday 2 May 2014

MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection

Its been a while since I've been excited about a MAC collection but after seeing some of the promo pictures of Alluring Aquatic online, I knew I would have to give this collection a closer look!

This is MAC's summer collection, so its full of bronzers, coral blushers and shimmery extra dimension eyeshadows. I have to address the packaging for this collection, its pretty awesome. The water droplets are actually 3d and it looks pretty stunning in person.

I was pretty selective and only picked up three items from the collection, as I only wanted to buy things I would actually use!

Extra Dimension Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell

I really ummed and ahhed over getting this bronzer, I was concerned it was going to be very shimmery but I was completely wrong. This is a really beautiful, natural, matte bronzer. There is no shimmer in it at all, but on the skin it gives you this beautiful, healthy glow. 
Aphrodite's Shell is quite light and if you are any darker than me (I'm about NC25/30 in MAC) I would recommend getting the other shade, Delphic. Personally I love how natural this looks, it adds a nice warmth to my skin and I'm really happy I picked this up!

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Lorelei

Apologies, as you can see I don't have any willpower and had already used this before I photographed it! MAC's Extra Dimension eyeshadows are super metallic and pigmented. I have one other Extra Dimension eyeshadow in Sweet Heat which is one of my all time favourites, so when I saw Lorelei I knew I wanted to try it. 
Lorelei is a beautiful golden beige colour, if you have blue eyes like me you need to try this! I swatched a few of the other eyeshadow shades and I have to say they are all drool-worthy. 

Lipstick in Mystical

I was a bit disappointed by the lipstick shades in this collection and Mystical was the only one that stood out to me. This is what I like to call my kind of nude, a rosy brown. Love it.

I thought I would show you what these all look like when applied on my face. In the pictures below I am wearing Aphrodite's Shell as a bronzer, Lorelei all over my lids as an eyeshadow and on my lips I have Mystical. I actually really love how these all look together.





I mentioned earlier that I already had an Extra Dimension eyeshadow in Sweet Heat. I know I was interested to see how Lorelei compared, as online they look quite similar.

Lorelei is on the left and Sweet Heat is on the right. In the pan they look quite similar but you can see the difference in the swatches below.

I wouldn't be a proper beauty blogger if I didn't include some swatches right?

From left to right: Aphrodite's Shell, Lorelei and Mystical

I also swatched Sweet Heat, so you can see the difference between Lorelei. Lorelei is on the left and Sweet Heat is on the right. As you can see, Sweet Heat is much lighter and is more of a highlight shade, whereas Lorelei is more of a browny gold. 

I am really loving this collection and very happy with my edited selection!

The Alluring Aquatic collection is selling out fast on MAC online. My top tip would be to either go in store or check out other retailers that stock MAC, Debenhams, Selfridges and House of Fraser! If you pick anything up let me know what you think :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with the packaging! That lipstick is a perfect neutral shade for you! Wasn't to keen on the collection at first...but I think I'm starting to change my mind ;)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete