Saturday 20 July 2013

The Beauty Graveyard


For a beauty addict like me, one of the best feelings is using up a product. The sense of achievement I feel is far too sad to even begin to describe on the Internet. Put it this way, it makes me want to play Heather Small, Proud really loud.

Anyway, I have used up quite a few makeup and beauty items these past few months, so before I recycle them here's my mini reviews.

* Indicates how many times a product has been featured in a beauty graveyard post. So if you see a lot of stars it must be good ;)

 Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation - A medium coverage foundation, with a really pretty radiant finish. I really enjoyed using this foundation and loved how it looked on my skin. This is reportedly the foundation Kate Middleton wore for her wedding day, but I'm still not any closer to Harry.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation * - After finishing my second bottle of this I am tempted to say its my favourite foundation, but I'm not quite ready to make such a sweeping statement! If you want a light coverage, long lasting and natural looking foundation try this. I have already purchased my third bottle with my Boots points (woohoo)

MAC Lingering Eyebrow Pencil *** - Another must have item for me, one of the best eyebrow pencils. If you don't want your eyebrows to look like you coloured them in with a felt tip please try this. This pencil is so small that you can draw individual hairs, making your brows look a lot more natural. Although my love for Lingering has recently been overshadowed by the Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil!

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer - I think they should re-name this the never ending bronzer. Honestly its taken me about 2 years to finally finish this thing! If you want a good, matte bronzer I would highly recommend this. Its quite dark though, so if you are pale it might not work as well for you. I loved using this instead of eyeshadow, defines your eyes with minimal effort!

Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip and Cheek Balm - My favourite ever lip balm, I have already bought another one because I cant be without it! I would never have tried this if it hadn't been recommended to me by the Beauty Team at Cosmopolitan magazine, so for that I thank them!

Benefit They're Real Mascara - This little diddy tube was free with Elle magazine, normally I'm not a fan of magazine freebies but I was intrigued to try this mascara and I'm glad I did. I love it, have since bought another 2 tubes! Its pricey but I love how it makes my lashes look, as the little torture ball wand really wings out my outer lashes and elongates my eyes.





























Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel - My new favourite cleanser. I use this every night, rub it all over my face and wipe off with a warm, damp, washcloth. Removes all my makeup and feels so nice on my skin.

Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner - I was having a bit of a Clarins moment! Equally love the toner, doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped at all. Only downside is this bottle didn't seem to last long at all!

Origins Make A Difference Plus Rejuvenating Treatment - I used this at night as a moisturiser. This feels so hydrating and moisturising on your skin but I don't think it actually did much. I didn't notice any difference in my skin but it sure felt nice putting it on!

Yes to Carrots Nourishing Rich Moisture Day Cream - I have raved about my love for Yes to before for their amazing range of natural products. I have tried the Cucumber and Tomato moisturisers as well and I love them all. I like that these moisturisers are quite light, so if you have oilier skin and like to use products with natural ingredients I would really recommend trying out on of their moisturisers.

E45 Moisturising Lotion ****** - It wouldn't be right if I did a Beauty Graveyard post without a bottle of E45! I do really love this stuff as it doesn't feel sticky at all and drys quickly, but I do want to try a more natural body moisturiser so my E45 love affair might be coming to an end (only might though!)

Yes to Cucumbers Calming Shower Gel - I discovered this shower gel on my quest to use more natual products and I havent used anything else since. Its pricey for a shower gel at £8.00 but its a massive 500ml bottle so lasts you months and theres no nasty chemicals in it.

Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion - I liked this body moisturiser, wasn't too keen on the smell but not really a big deal. Just didn't last me long at all, I tend to slap on my moisturiser, hence why I love my gigantic bottles of E45.

Clarins Eau des Jardins Smoothing Body Cream - This was a freebie and thank God because it was the strongest smelling cream I have ever come across in my 26 years on this planet. Honestly it was so overpowering and really not in a good way, more of a nauseous headache inducing way. I couldn't even bear to wear any perfume after using this.


Zoya Remove + ** - When you change your nail polish as much as I do your nails need a little bit of extra TLC. This is my favourite nail polish remover, if I use a cheap standard removed my nails literally dry out and break. This makes my nail varnish last a good week and doesn't damage my nails at all. I get mine from eBay or Amazon, its £10 which is expensive but I find it lasts me a good few months.

Lush Big Shampoo ** - I hate the smell of Lush, I hold my breath as I walk past but their Big Sea Salt Shampoo smells divine! This shampoo has little bits of sea salt in to really clean your hair and add volume, I really like using this as I have quite greasy hair and this makes it feel so clean.

Moroccanoil ** - Apart from shampoo and conditioner, this is pretty much the only other thing I use in my hair. I use it every time I wash my hair, I just run 2 pumps through the ends. I swear this completely transformed my damaged, frizzy ends and I would never be without it now.

Aussie Mega Shampoo * - Can you tell I have a new favourite shampoo and conditioner? Recommended to me by my sister after moaning that my hair always felt greasy, I have not used anything since trying these and as you can see have got through countless bottles. I love it, my hair feels so clean and healthy after using it and its cheap too!

Aussie Mega Instant Conditioner - This is the conditioner from the same line and I love it equally. Leaves my hair smooth and soft but doesn't leave it feeling weighed down or greasy. I think I will be using these for a long time to come!



If you have any recommendations I would love to hear them, as you can see I discovered some of my all time favourite products through people's recommendations, so I always want more!

No comments:

Post a Comment